• Delph
    • Sylla
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Dawkins (for Sylla 59)
    • Bowery (for Agbonlahor 74)
    • Gardner (for Westwood 87)

Enjoyable if uneventful game. Definitely highlights our need for solid center-half alongside Vlaar, a competitor for Joe "8 stone" Bennett and some squad wingers, because as we've seen over the last few games, playing every single game really has taken its toll on Weimann, and Gabby is always a wildcard in terms of form. Bakary Sako would do wonders there.

An open game but it did look like an end of season game to me. Most of our players were a bit below their recent levels. Bent MOTM for me. I don't get what Lambert sees in Bowery.

Hmm...really lacked the extra "spirit" we have had since february/march today. Looks really tame at times, so it was pretty lackluster overall. Did feel we deserve a win, but whatever. I agree, I have no idea what we are supposed to do with bowery.

Thought Sylla was our best actually. Westwood got worse as the game went on and Delph played a full shift. Lowton was pretty clumsy today.

We dominated much of the second half but lacked the creativity to unlock their 8-man defence. We have too many straight up and down players and not enough lateral thinkers.

And some one to take a motherfucking set piece!!!!!!!!! 

It was good to get a decent look at Dawkins before he goes - looks a trier but not quite up to this standard.

Typical game from Bent - brilliant goal and utterly useless for 89 minutes.

2-2 - I'll take it and look forward to seeing what next season brings.

Annoyed Zog didn't play, aside from the goal Bent did feck all and Weimann was awful as was our defence.

I'm a little annoyed Zog didn't play. Zog was the best player on the pitch against Fulham by a million miles and he scored, since then he's barely played, he may have not played at all. Lambert is confusing at times. 

I guess Lambo wanted to see Dawkins and Bowery before the season ends and give the run for Gardner since he's been injured for the season but I can't understand why he didn't sub Weimann.

Annoyed Zog didn't play, aside from the goal Bent did feck all and Weimann was awful as was our defence.

I'm a little annoyed Zog didn't play. Zog was the best player on the pitch against Fulham by a million miles and he scored, since then he's barely played, he may have not played at all. Lambert is confusing at times. 

o

tbf on Lambo, since the Fulham game we lost to Man Utd and Chelsea. Beat both Sunderland and Norwich, and drew to Wigan. So I think its paid off dropping Zog.

I guess Lambo wanted to see Dawkins and Bowery before the season ends and give the run for Gardner since he's been injured for the season but I can't understand why he didn't sub Weimann.

Weimann? Shop window? Could be Lambert has his own ideas about what we need next season. Maybe Weimann is not among them?

We've been better in defense against Sunderland, Reading, QPR and Norwich than today against Wigan...anyone else think today's mistakes could've been due end of the season fatigue, physical and mental? It's been a long season after all.

Weimann? Shop window? Could be Lambert has his own ideas about what we need next season. Maybe Weimann is not among them?

Well he hasn't played well for a while - how many goals over the last 10 games. Has one season wonder written all over him

We've been better in defense against Sunderland, Reading, QPR and Norwich than today against Wigan...anyone else think today's mistakes could've been due end of the season fatigue, physical and mental? It's been a long season after all.

Except they started last August.

Except they started last August.

We'd gotten better defensively in march, april and earlier may and defensive errors today looked like they were due fatigue and being off to the beaches. I do agree though that we need at least one more central defender and left back.

Looking forward to seeing some of the photos of the Villa crowd. From the coverage I saw there were some pretty good fancy dress outfits in there!

EDIT and was it me, or was everyone wearing Petrov masks?

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Everyone looked pretty lazy today. Half-assed touches, fullbacks not even attempting to close down most of the time, et cetera.

And with that said we still got a point. I think it says something about the players we have that even when we don't turn up or even care we didn't lose. I doubt we'll see this next season as every point will matter again, but while the performance wasn't great we still got a point and that's great to see.

Had draw written all over it from the start. Typical end of season, nothing match. Saying that, I thought we knocked it about nicely at times. We really need to cut out the comedy defending though. So sloppy!

Â