How do you have your steak?

StefanAVFC

Well, I was a veggie for about 20 years or so back there, so don't often order a steak that turns the rest of the food red - unless I've already got a few beers in me.

Saying that, if I'm somewhere decent that knows what it's doing and I see the steak before its cooked, I can do rare. If it's Beefeater / Toby style eating, I'll have it cooked to **** until all the Romanian horse bugs n drugs are neutralised.

Had a cracking fillet last night medium rare.. The bees knees

That's over cooked for fillet, little point in paying more for one of the best cuts then ruining it.

Rare or bleu.

Definitely the same for me

Had a cracking fillet last night medium rare.. The bees knees

That's over cooked for fillet, little point in paying more for one of the best cuts then ruining it.

It's personal choice, plus was actually cheaper than others in the supermarket

Seasoned with salt and plenty of pepper, coloured in a pan, cooked in the oven until just past rare and then finished in the pan with some butter. The "rougher" cuts have more flavour - rump, strip or t-bone. As someone else said, if you must waste fillet by frying or grilling it, then it has to be rare or blue or it doesn't taste of anything.

I don't often eat steak though, I prefer a little more finesse in my food than cutting a piece of meat and applying heat.

And I think the combination of steak with chips isn't particularly good. The meat juices make the chips soggy. I prefer steak with crisp vegetables and (if you want the starch) new potatoes crushed with some horseradish.

Meh, I'm hungry now.

See I actually strangely like it when chips go soggy with steak juice.

Bit strange, I wouldn't like my chips soggy from anything else, but with meat juices I seem to like it.

PS definitely having steak tonight after reading this thread! :D

Seasoned with salt and plenty of pepper, coloured in a pan, cooked in the oven until just past rare and then finished in the pan with some butter. The "rougher" cuts have more flavour - rump, strip or t-bone. As someone else said, if you must waste fillet by frying or grilling it, then it has to be rare or blue or it doesn't taste of anything.

I don't often eat steak though, I prefer a little more finesse in my food than cutting a piece of meat and applying heat.

And I think the combination of steak with chips isn't particularly good. The meat juices make the chips soggy. I prefer steak with crisp vegetables and (if you want the starch) new potatoes crushed with some horseradish.

Meh, I'm hungry now.

I didn't ask for what you have your steak with because I knew this would happen. It's not even 1pm and I want steak!  :rant:

Cremated. I'd never choose steak if it can possibly be avoided, but if it's the only option, the blood can stay the **** off my plate. I like my meat to be indistinguishable from anything that's ever been alive. :P

After reading a book called Toxin I always do my steak very well done. You cant take chances with e-coli!

After reading a book called Toxin I always do my steak very well done. You cant take chances with e-coli!

Really? If e.coli is present it will only be on the outside of steaks and those parts are in contact with the pan killing any infection. If you aren't sure, carefully rinse the steak and pat dry before cooking.

If this was a problem, restaurants wouldn't be allowed to serve tartare at all.

Â