David Beckham Announces Retirement

Stevo985

Seems like a nice guy, but ****, does Beckham have the worst accent ever or what.

How'd ya keep a straight face typing that on a messageboard full of Brummies?

Heh, true. Beckham could do with a few basic grammar lessons, though, it must be said.

I know, but if you think of the United greats he would pro be 11th at best

Edwards

Best

Law

Charlton

Robson

Cantona

Giggs

Scholes

Ronaldo

Rooney

Beckham

Bruce, Keane, Schmeichel, Irwin, Vidic, Hughes, Neville even Solskjaer would be ahead of Beckham and Rooney

Tommy Taylor would rank very highly as well.

Duncan Edwards was the best player who ever played the game ever.  He died in tragic circumstances at a very young age so nobody has to actually back that up of course, but he was the best player who ever played the game. Ever. 

• Like 2

James Dean syndrome, innit?  

It's a morbid and cynical thing to talk about, but when somebody dies young then history automatically turns their potential into proven ability.  My generation would have probably talked up Wayne Rooney or Michael Owen as being the best player they had they had ever seen had either died aged 21 like Edwards did.

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

It's a morbid and cynical thing to talk about, but when somebody dies young then history automatically turns their potential into proven ability.  My generation would have probably talked up Wayne Rooney or Michael Owen as being the best player they had they had ever seen had either died aged 21 like Edwards did.

Salvador Sanchez is one of the best boxers of all time, lol. But seriously, one of the best featherweights ever.

Duncan Edwards was the best player who ever played the game ever.  He died in tragic circumstances at a very young age so nobody has to actually back that up of course, but he was the best player who ever played the game. Ever. 

Bobby Robson described Kevin Beatie as the closest thing to Duncan Edwards. Tragically he career was blighted by injury and now he can barely walk 1/2 a mile and has lived off benefits for years. Best Ipswich player ever!

Salvador Sanchez is one of the best boxers of all time, lol. But seriously, one of the best featherweights ever.

Boxing is different though.  It's an individual sport and in the case of Sanchez, he had already won 10 world title fights before the car crash got him. He had an impressive list of victims too. 

I know, but if you think of the United greats he would pro be 11th at best

Edwards

Best

Law

Charlton

Robson

Cantona

Giggs

Scholes

Ronaldo

Rooney

Beckham

Bruce, Keane, Schmeichel, Irwin, Vidic, Hughes, Neville even Solskjaer would be ahead of Beckham and Rooney

Solskjaer no way. Winning goal in the 99 final but he has not done more for the club then beckham or rooney.

Seems like a nice guy, but ****, does Beckham have the worst accent ever or what.

How'd ya keep a straight face typing that on a messageboard full of Brummies?

Doe talk saft ;-)

whatever people think of his off the pitch lifestyle, on the pitch he was a very good player/captain for our country who always gave it everything he had, and genuinely looked honoured and proud to pull on a England shirt.

Should he be remembered as one of the games truly great players? Well not imo, but for the reasons given above I'll remember him fondly and wish him well in his retirement.

Edited by av1

• 4 weeks later...
Â