How Many Summer Signings?

maqroll

New Signings  

142 members have voted

1. 1. How many new signings will Villa make this summer?

• More Than 7

Paul Lambert says Aston Villa will not make any big summer signings

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has warned the club's fans not to expect any major signings in the summer.

"Those days have gone."

He added: "We have stripped it right back. We want players who are hungry. I look at players with character, not those who just want money."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22556883

Depends what people consider a big signing really... I'd have called Benteke one, and I'd expect at least one in that price range this summer

Perhaps Paul is talking about £10m+ signings on stupid wages

Edited by P3te

Paul Lambert says Aston Villa will not make any big summer signings

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has warned the club's fans not to expect any major signings in the summer.

"Those days have gone."

He added: "We have stripped it right back. We want players who are hungry. I look at players with character, not those who just want money."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22556883

Depends what people consider a big signing really... I'd have called Benteke one, and I'd expect at least one in that price range this summer

Perhaps Paul is talking about £10m+ signings on stupid wages

Yeah i think we might see Benteke like signings because 'those days have gone' indicates that it was the old regime sort of signings that he was referring too. Another Benteke Westwood Vlaar Lowton and Sylla and i'll be more than happy :)

Depends on our out goings. I think we will not shift any big earners and Bent/Given will be Villa players next season for example (and happy to as they will be in contention again).

New signings number? I say 2. Both defenders.

I thought he mean't we wouldn't get any signings over 4 million. 

I doubt that tbh. £4m is buttons these days in reality - there wouldnt be many PL clubs with that as their spending limit per player, and I can't see it being ours this summer. That said, Lambert  has shown it  doesn't  really matter if he's spending a couple of million here and there on players - he knows  what  he's doing  - but if he wanted someone for £8m I'm sure he'd  be backed

Benteke was our "major signing" of the last summer.

I wouldn't necessarily class Benteke as a major signing either, not on paper back in August. He was an average priced player really

• 1 month later...

Gone for 6.

A new, more experienced, CB and maybe the same for CM. Otherwise, a few up and comers to replace the ones we ship out, with the U21s having a few step up as well. Reckon we will give a new contract to Lichaj too.

Wow. I am shit at this!

Gone for 6.

A new, more experienced, CB and maybe the same for CM. Otherwise, a few up and comers to replace the ones we ship out, with the U21s having a few step up as well. Reckon we will give a new contract to Lichaj too.

Wow. I am shit at this!

Honestly we all have been lol

Â