Pubs

deasy92

Went to a boozer right by the train station last year. Double vodka red bull, two alcoholic ginger beer things and a bottle of corona gave change from a tenner. God bless the north! Thought the red robin was a bit crap. Mostly a family restaurant. The away bit outside the ground was better, and offered pies.

Went to a boozer right by the train station last year. Double vodka red bull, two alcoholic ginger beer things and a bottle of corona gave change from a tenner. God bless the north! Thought the red robin was a bit crap. Mostly a family restaurant. The away bit outside the ground was better, and offered pies.

Which station and what was the pub called?

Which station and what was the pub called?

The main station that the Virgin trains from Brum stop at... not sure if there's more than one station. I think it was pretty much the first pub we came to, so we dived in and it was cheap as chips!

The big marquee thing under the stand for away fans is weird, but it's nice of them to put it on for us. I'll miss Wigan... one of the good old cheap-ass, easy-to-get-to north western away days. Blackburn was good too.

Wigan West Gate?

Is it an away pub?

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's called 'The Venue' as soon as you come out of Wigan North Western it's diagonally opposite to the right...not a designated away pub but, tends to catch the away fans as soon as they get off the train.

Wigan away information: There are no designated home and away pubs. Most popular with away fans are The Red Robin & Marquee Bar.Both of those are close to the stadium.

In the town centre there is the Wetherspoons Moon under the Water or Camra pub The Anvil. Both are located close to the train station. There is lots of parking available at the stadium £5 per car, £10 per minibus, £20 coach.

What's everyones pub plan then?..

Edited by deasy92

Wigan away information: There are no designated home and away pubs. Most popular with away fans are The Red Robin & Marquee Bar.Both of those are close to the stadium.

In the town centre there is the Wetherspoons Moon under the Water or Camra pub The Anvil. Both are located close to the train station. There is lots of parking available at the stadium £5 per car, £10 per minibus, £20 coach.

What's everyones pub plan then?..

All of them..... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just done a bit of street-viewing, and I think that pub I was referring to is called Last Orders on Wailgate. A few pubs along there, so I'm gonna spend my day in the town centre and hopefully watch it fill up with Villa!

Train arrives in at 10:40..

Not sure many pubs will be open & serving at that time so may start at the top at Wetherspoons Moon under the water & make our way down as the day progresses...

Top of Wallgate to Train Station at bottom is...

Wetherspoons (Moon Under Water)

The Raven

Little Fifteen

Last orders

Lime Bar

The Berkley

Clarence Hotel

Reflex

The Venue

Edited by deasy92

Been looking at trains. It's like a 15 quid return from Brum to both Wallgate and North Western. Day gets better and better.

Where did you find that? I paid £30 weeks ago and just had a look for my old man who now has a ticket and seems to be about £42!

Â