Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

16 hours ago, blandy said:

@Kingman has posted the details loads of times in other threads. You've basically got no need to panic . 

He's previously posted:

@blandy Cheers .....true to form there is a 50% discount offer on the service app. I will call them later or early next week to try to get more discount, off phone and BB perhaps.

@Xela I dont disagree the Sky has changed the shape of football forever and they focus on 'The Sky 4/5'. But i am a football and sports fan and love watching it. 

15 minutes ago, imavillan said:

@blandy Cheers .....true to form there is a 50% discount offer on the service app. I will call them later or early next week to try to get more discount, off phone and BB perhaps.

Ive put this in the Sky Q Thread but guess it fits in here to.

Step 1, Just requires a single phone call to cancel your subscription so your 31 day cancelation period gets activated on your account. (Now Complete)

Step 2, Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and tell them you have received a flyer for 50% off your subscription package and £50 credit. (Next Step) You Can try the 60% off and £100 credit but more than likely will end up with the 50% off and £50 credit offer. Try It Anyway!!!! Hearing a couple have landed the 60% off over the last week or so.

Ive renewed a few family members of late from last years 60% off and £100 credit but not available this time round. 

Still got them 50% off Multi room, Free Broadband with half price line rental on top of the above offers. 

Follow the above to the letter and you won't go wrong pal.

Edited by Kingman

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Ive put this in the Sky Q Thread but guess it fits in here to.

Step 1, Just requires a single phone call to cancel your subscription so your 31 day cancelation period gets activated on your account. (Now Complete)

Step 2, Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and tell them you have received a flyer for 50% off your subscription package and £50 credit. (Next Step) You Can try the 60% off and £100 credit but will end up with the 50% off and £50 credit.

Ive renewed a few family members of late from last years 60% off and £100 credit but not available this time round. 

Still got them 50% off Multi room, Free Broadband with half price line rental on top of the above offers. 

Follow the above to the letter and you won't go wrong pal.

@Kingman Many thanks...will feedback how i get on in this thread.

11 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Yeah please do, It will only help other save a couple of quid. 

If you need any help drop it in here. 

Don't take anything less that the above offers pal. 

£50 account credit and 50% of all tv package is bare minimum to except. 

Free BB 

% ratios vary on multi room and line rental on the advisors, they usually come in low as any sales person would but 50% is there max. 

If you want to do it all in one then set yourself at least one hour aside as they like to give you all the sales patter, today and today only offer, best we can do blah blah blah. 

Use the link above and Don't take anything less that £50 account credit and 50% of all TV package as bare minimum to except.

Remember that, Polite persistence pays! ;) 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 11:23, imavillan said:

See more and more folk getting the 60% over the last few days either via phone or chat. 

Its about so you should get it, If you are polite and persistent and more crucially not an arse, they are normally more than happy to reduce it right down.

Edited by Kingman

Here you go sports fans, Dip ya bread in one of these codes :D 

If you're a new customer, or your haggle didn't give you a big enough discount, the current top deals are below. Here, it's all about timing. Offers come and go, so if you see one you like, grab it while you can. 

Sky

New. Full Sky TV incl sports and movies 60% off – £29/mth + £10 set-up fee*

35,000 CODES AVAILABLE, REDEEM THIS FRI TO 2 SEPT

We've blagged this cracking Sky TV deal* for the full works bundle, including movies and sports (though sport in HD costs £6/mth extra). If you don't want the full shebang, you can pay from £20.40 to remove either sports or movies. To qualify you must be a new Sky customer (ie, haven't had any of its TV, phone or broadband services in the last 12 months). Here's what you need to do to get it:

• Fill out this Sky form* by 11.59pm on Fri 2 Sept to get one of 35,000 codes and a special email link to get the deal, though it could sell out earlier.
  • To get the deal you must follow that special link and sign up before 11.59pm on Fri 2 Sept
  • Note: if you got the code before 10am Fri 19 Aug you should've received your link on Friday. 
  • You'll receive an email reminder from Sky on Thu 1 Sept just before the deal closes if you've not signed up. 

You're not allowed to sell these codes, so please only get one if you'll use it, otherwise you're depriving someone else.

Here are the TV options and prices – all on a 12mth contract. Note: Sky Movies has been renamed Sky Cinema, and the Family bundle has been renamed Sky Box Sets (which includes everything bar sports and movies, incl Sky Atlantic, plus 350 box sets and HD on all non-sports and movie channels)

• Sky Box Sets with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. £29.40/mth, then the normal £74/mth after a year. Sadly sports channels are only in standard definition; HD costs £6/mth more. 
  • Sky Box Sets with Sky Sports. £25.15/mth, then the normal £65.50/mth after a year. Sports HD costs an extra £6/mth.
  • Sky Box Sets with Sky Cinema. £20.40/mth, then the normal £56/mth after a year.
  • Compulsory £10 set-up fee. Sadly, this is unavoidable on Sky TV packages. 

Bear in mind that Sky is also offering free unlimited standard broadband with this package, if you pay its £17.40/mth line rental. But check out our Cheap Broadbandguide as better deals are available, from equiv £9.24/mth for line rent and broadband. 

Quick questions

Who counts as a new customer?

Are channels such as BT Sport/ESPN or other sports channels included?

What if I'm having issues with the deal?

Do I have to pay by direct debit?

Can I add any extras? 

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...heap-cable#sky

Sky Sports Mix set for August 24 launch

August 19, 2016

Following the March 18th announcement that it was creating a free sports channel for all its UK and Ireland subscribers, Sky has confirmed that Sky Sports Mix will launch on August 24th – opening a window on the action shown on Sky Sports every day and shining a light on sport not previously covered on television.

According to Sky, as the feel-good factor around British sporting achievement continues to grow during the Olympics, Sky Sports Mix will bring a huge variety of different sports to a whole new audience with an average of five hours of live action each day across the first month – and 16 different sports covered in that time.

Cricket will be the first live sport on Sky Sports Mix and the new channel will be found at 407 next to Sky Sports News HQ. England face Pakistan in the first one day international at the Rose Bowl cricket ground.

The channel goes live at 12.30pm with former England captain Nasser Hussain leading a masterclass to families and kids at the nursery ground as part of the launch show hosted by Laura Woods to bring Sky Sports Mix to life for the first time. Live coverage of the cricket begins an hour later.

Real Madrid, world rugby champions New Zealand and the Belgian grand prix headline a weekend of some major live sport that will also include European Tour golf and the EFL Sky Bet Championship match between Burton Albion and Derby County on Friday night – all available to every Sky TV customer.

Across the first month Sky Sports Mix will bring live sport every day, with nine different sports shown live including cricket, rugby union, rugby league, golf and football. A further seven sports will be shown non-live showing the commitment to provide an introduction to sport for millions of Sky customers at no extra cost.

These will appear alongside shows such as Game Changers and sporting masterclasses that connect Sky Sports to the passion that kids have for learning about and playing sport. The Sky Sports Mix channel line-up will also include insightful documentaries, sports entertainment shows and other sporting content that will amaze and inspire.

“It’s an exciting moment for Sky Sports as we open up a window to millions more people for the first time,” declared Sky Sports Managing Director, Barney Francis. “Sky Sports Mix will offer the chance for millions of homes to enjoy a selection of the first class sport we broadcast every day, and we hope that will mean even more people find a sport they love and are inspired to become even more passionately engaged.”

Sky Sports Mix will be available in the same number of Sky TV homes as Sky Sports News HQ, a channel with an annual reach of 17 million viewers. Sky Sports Mix will also complement Sky’s growing digital audience, where 35 million monthly users engage with a range of Sky Sports products as well as its presence on leading platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube.

Sky Sports Mix will be available to all Sky TV customers as well as on selected Virgin Media packages, as well as providing a significant reach for a selection of the live sport available on Sky Sports Channel 407 at no extra cost. 

http://advanced-television.com/2016/08/19/sky-sports-mix-set-for-august-24-launch/ 

On 8/14/2016 at 11:34, Kingman said:

Yeah please do, It will only help other save a couple of quid. 

If you need any help drop it in here. 

Don't take anything less that the above offers pal. 

£50 account credit and 50% of all tv package is bare minimum to except. 

Free BB 

% ratios vary on multi room and line rental on the advisors, they usually come in low as any sales person would but 50% is there max. 

If you want to do it all in one then set yourself at least one hour aside as they like to give you all the sales patter, today and today only offer, best we can do blah blah blah. 

Use the link above and Don't take anything less that £50 account credit and 50% of all TV package as bare minimum to except.

Remember that, Polite persistence pays! ;) 

Right, here goes.

Received a mail from Sky offering 60% off TV 3 days ago so i went on to live chat. Was on there for over an hour and this is what was offered.

was offered the 60% off my TV package of Family TV £38.00, Sports £ 27.50, less 60% = £26.20 + £6.00 for HD giving total of £32.20. plus a £30.00 credit to my account.
I tried to get something off BB and Phone line and was told he could not do it as they were different departments and i had to phone them up so told him i would still cancel.

I'm happy with the TV reduction but am still angling for BB and phone.

with that deal it would bring my overall bill to £62.35

i will try again tomorrow with a different person.

keep you posted.

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Sounds like it is worth trying.

Out of interest how long is the 50% or 60% discount for?

12 months.....

i will be back on to them tomorrow for round 2 :)

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

Right, here goes.

Received a mail from Sky offering 60% off TV 3 days ago so i went on to live chat. Was on there for over an hour and this is what was offered.

was offered the 60% off my TV package of Family TV £38.00, Sports £ 27.50, less 60% = £26.20 + £6.00 for HD giving total of £32.20. plus a £30.00 credit to my account.
I tried to get something off BB and Phone line and was told he could not do it as they were different departments and i had to phone them up so told him i would still cancel.

keep you posted.

The 60% off is almost max reduction mate so that's a good start. Can try get more credit upped to £50 though so worth considering.

If you login to my sky and click cancel broadband it will give it you a list of questions, click had better deal off BT then click considering in the next screen.  Here you will be offered bb for £3 a month. However when you refuse this you get a link to broadband and phone chat. Here you will get free bb and a % off your line rental. 

Let me know if you need any help and I'll post links up tomorrow as im using phone at mo pal.

Edited by Kingman

22 hours ago, Kingman said:
  On 8/22/2016 at 19:49, imavillan said:

Right, here goes.

keep you posted.

22 hours ago, Kingman said:

The 60% off is almost max reduction mate so that's a good start. Can try get more credit upped to £50 though so worth considering.

If you login to my sky and click cancel broadband it will give it you a list of questions, click had better deal off BT then click considering in the next screen.  Here you will be offered bb for £3 a month. However when you refuse this you get a link to broadband and phone chat. Here you will get free bb and a % off your line rental. 

Let me know if you need any help and I'll post links up tomorrow as im using phone at mo pal.

Here is an update of my adventures with Sky.

Followed what Kingman suggested ref the broadband and low and behold got offered a discount to £2.50 pm. I was unable to go to live chat for this as got this message

Live Chat unavailable

We're sorry.

Cancelling your Sky services on Live Chat is unavailable until 26th August because we're currently working to make Live Chat even better.

Please choose another contact option or try again after 26th August.

So i decided to phone the number that was in my e mail offering the 60% discount. This is the number All sounding too good to miss? Then talk to us today on 03442 411 780. Offer ends Aug 26

This phone number is a direct line into retentions, no press 1 for BB, press 2 for Phone etc

Went through everything with the guy on the phone, all of the detail and offer i went through on live chat last night and then about BB and the phone and that i wanted to do a deal for all 3 and not have to contact different departments. Also told him about the problem i had with my picture (pixleating) and that i did not want to pay for an engineer to come out.

So this is what was offered.

Upgraded to Family & Sports package (not really an upgrade, it gives me exactly what i have now) 60% discount. £30 credit, free BB, 20% discount on line rental. Engineer coming out for free on Monday to sort out either the box/dish with free replacement. All for 12months. I am now paying £48pm for phone, BB unlimited downloads, SKY TV with Sports (no movies) but got everything else. I was paying £103pm, so i am well happy.

Game well played. Perseverance pays off.

My experience, if you are quitting to use this as leverage, play the game, dont panic, be firm but nice either on the phone or during chat. The offers are there you just have to put some time into it.

@Kingman Many thanks for the advice and links.

Hope this helps others

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Is it ? Has anyone been prosecuted for it ? 

Nope, but it is illegal.

People who run servers have been arrested,

See here;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975401/Computer-expert-cost-Sky-TV-30-000-selling-hundreds-hacked-decoder-boxes-brother-s-eBay-account.html

Computer expert cost Sky TV £236,000 by selling hundreds of hacked decoder boxes via his brother's eBay account

• Aron Lees is a computer expert and hacked into Sky TV decoder boxes 
  • Made a Sky TV card work repeatedly through a 'card sharing' technique 
  • Lees then sold cut-price Sky packages through his brother's eBay account
  • Packages were listed at £110, when they would normally cost around £700 
  • In less than a year sold more than 300, making around £30,000 from sales
  • He made around £3,000 a month by selling the hacked decoder boxes  
  • Lees admitted he had breached the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975401/Computer-expert-cost-Sky-TV-30-000-selling-hundreds-hacked-decoder-boxes-brother-s-eBay-account.html#ixzz4IBhta0mI 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

As long as your not selling them your fine, can't do you for buying one

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Â