VillaTalk XI

StefanAVFC

My son is a goalkeeper and he is registered on here (although rarely posts and just views).

I'll put his name forward and tell him when I see him.

Have you passed him down your Teflon Gloves? :P

Mine are well worn out so he bought his own.  :D

Any news on this going ahead?

Was waiting for the season to end.

Going to do an updated OP. Bare with me.

With regards to location, on 606 we compromised and had training sessions all over Birmingham. Had 1 in Lichfield, 1 in Redditch, 1 in Aston etc. 

I would be interested depending on date/time (I've got a holiday booked for the summer)

I play best in goal but woulf happily step aside for a better goalkeeper.

I've also played Left Back/ Centre Back at some point or another. Pace and stamina will be an issue as I have neither :-)

Depending on when and where id be up for it, bit of a midfield enforcer*

*I'm 6"3, at least 4 stone overweight and have the lung capacity of a 4 year old.

Depending on when and where id be up for it, bit of a midfield enforcer*

*I'm 6"3, at least 4 stone overweight and have the lung capacity of a 4 year old.

4 stone overweight?! You can be our star player you're practically match fit compared to me lol

Right official update.

Been talking to the manager of the Coventry fans team (who are good) and we could play them sometime in September. They play in an actual league so they have to wait for fixtures etc. I don't think we should just go in all guns blazing. We should try and get a couple of training sessions in the meantime to have some fun and get to know each other.

Failing that, we can find some other opposition to play. Up to you. Also, need to think about venue. Obviously we want to be at home. Do you reckon I should try and get in contact with the club? You can do a charity thing and rent Villa Park for a fee and we could arrange that all money goes to Leukaemia if people were willing to pay to play?

Anyway, all suggestions welcome! :D

Right official update.

Been talking to the manager of the Coventry fans team (who are good) and we could play them sometime in September. They play in an actual league so they have to wait for fixtures etc. I don't think we should just go in all guns blazing. We should try and get a couple of training sessions in the meantime to have some fun and get to know each other.

Failing that, we can find some other opposition to play. Up to you. Also, need to think about venue. Obviously we want to be at home. Do you reckon I should try and get in contact with the club? You can do a charity thing and rent Villa Park for a fee and we could arrange that all money goes to Leukaemia if people were willing to pay to play?

Anyway, all suggestions welcome! :D

Sounds good, will need to know dates etc before I can commit.

Position- Call me a slightly better version of Albrighton :)

this is a great idea guys, hope you guys do well, can i suggest maybe the OP/manager puts everyones prefered positions next to their names as well?

seeing as ive not met anybody, and im 30 yrs old, count me out, my boots are hung up and im too old, but good luck and i hope you raise enough money, although ill gladly come and watch you all depending on time, location etc :-)

Â