VillaTalk XI

StefanAVFC

Please move or delete this if it's 1) been done before or 2) in the wrong place

But

In the days of 606, we had a football team. A hallowed football team that came together with excellent spirit and playing ability and we won 2 cups. Now, I haven't been on VT long, so I don't know if this has been attempted before. But it could be a good opportunity to raise some money and have some fun.

Over the years, there have been numerous tournaments between fan teams that have raised some really good amounts of money. With football nearly being over for the summer and there being no summer tournament to keep us tiding over, I was thinking of putting together a Villa Talk football team to play in a charity friendly.

Now I've been thinking about it for a while, but since Stan's announcement, it's put it to the front of my mind and it might be a really good opportunity to raise some money for his Leukaemia trust by doing something HE loves.

Obviously this is a really early idea, but the fact we put together an 18 man squad together from 606, I'm sure we could get a team from a forum with far more members. I'm just posting this to gauge interest, whether people would be up for it. I know doing stuff with people from the internet is still a bit iffy, but I 100% know this kind of thing could work. Whether you're local or not you can support this.

I know a few of the managers for different fan teams and it could be easily set up.

INTERESTED PERSONNEL:

StefanAVFC

Ingram

Stevo

omariqy

GarethRDR

av1

AndyM3000

avfc96

theunderstudy

daggy_333

Jimz2k

BrummieBoyo

joewhitticase

lp_villan390

SoulfulEnigma

adbo9

avflife

Thanks guys  :wub:

Edited by StefanAVFC

Remember the last Villatalk team?  They were so shit that even QPR could have beaten them! 

The 606 Villa team won the cup twice. Want to let them pantwetters (including me) beat us!?

I do occasionally get asked if VillaTalk has a team. I'll post in this thread if anything comes in.

Can you pick a name though and I'll add a tag for it.

I do occasionally get asked if VillaTalk has a team. I'll post in this thread if anything comes in.

Can you pick a name though and I'll add a tag for it.

I'm not sure on anything yet. It's all so early. I'll let you know though :)

Great idea .. Wish i could really join that ..

Although it depends wether im in the uk or outside .. + the duration of it ..

I like to play as a left wenger .. Gabby style .. But ofcourse no that fast and stamina .. Lol just kidding .. But really its interesting ..

For a one-off game, I'd happily jump on the train up and grace you with my awesome goalkeeping skills*.

*ability not a guarantee, terms and conditions apply.

• Like 1

Â