• Baker
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann

terrific performance today, one of the best of the season

we don't have the winning mentality and the maturity to handle the aftermath of game changing decisions at the moment

a soon as Tekkers went off it was so obvious what was going to happen

the game immediately swung in there favour and despite a little fightback we didn't really recover

only the top teams have the ability to not let swings in favour affect them

Arsenal will beat Wigan or certainly not lose

Sylla MOTM... what a bloody player he is becoming

Ref was shocking. Over to arsenal now. But we need to sort this defence out in the summer. It's shocking tbh. Still hoping this result don't matter and we can move on to next season.

Delph and Sylla were great. As was Westwood. Don't get why PL didn't bring on fresh legs with Charles on the bench to run at 'em. Oh well rant over.

The defence was a long way from shocking in my book. Annoying to lose in the manner we did but lots of positives to take from the performance

Bad result but a decent performance. Lambert should have been smarter and replaced Benteke at half time so that he is available for Wigan. Keeping 11 on the pitch would have got us a result .

Taking Benteke off at half time and this place would have gone into meltdown. You don't take Benteke off. Silly foul from him, when there was no chance of getting the ball.

I feel hard done by, a point would have been fair. I think the lads played well and with lots of energy. It was naive from Benteke to make that challenge, it was innocent enough looking but he should have been thinking about the yellow he was on. 

The behaviour of Chelsea near the end of the game was awful and petulant. Cech not giving Weimann the ball for the corner, players rolling around on the ground for no reason and Ivanovic acting a tool with the bottle. It just sums Chelsea up for me, they have no honour.

Bad taste in my mouth after this game, I feel sorry for the lads but a performance like that against Wigan should do it.

said in the match thread the benteke / ramires high boot arent the same!

ramires - trying to win a bouncing ball at head height with his foot

benteke - trying to control a high ball dropping over his shoulder

I won money on Chelsea and that fat word removed scoring so that softens it slightly.

Sorry mate but I'm getting sick of hearing about these bets Villa fans make.

Where was Lambert? Who brought back no-sub-MON?

Spot on from Lambert in my opinion

Gabby or Weimann were the only candidates to be subbed for Bent or Zog but would they have worked as hard - I dont think so

• Like 1

Yes. The red card might be his last action on a Villa shirt.

I thought we looked good in central midfield, Sylla looks a hell of a player. We need some goals from midfield though.

Gabby or Weimann were the only candidates to be subbed for Bent or Zog but would they have worked as hard - I dont think so

I disagree... After Lampard's second goal, he should have put N'Zogbia on for Westwood. No point sitting back when you need a goal.

said in the match thread the benteke / ramires high boot arent the same!

ramires - trying to win a bouncing ball at head height with his foot

benteke - trying to control a high ball dropping over his shoulder

No complaints - plain stupid

I disagree... After Lampard's second goal, he should have put N'Zogbia on for Westwood. No point sitting back when you need a goal.

Maybe....I'm happy to go with Lambert's opinion though

Yes. The red card might be his last action on a Villa shirt.

I thought we looked good in central midfield, Sylla looks a hell of a player. We need some goals from midfield though.

Benteke will be at villa next season

Maybe....I'm happy to go with Lambert's opinion though

Nice to know. We lost.

Â