Squad numbers for next season

Mantis

The only reason I haven't bought a Lowton shirt is I'm expecting him to have 2 next season. Might as well wait. I think 5 will go to Vlaar.

My Lowton shirt just came in. Did not even think about that. I hate being stupid.

You're not! You've got his Debut Season shirt! That makes it extra-special. I also didn't want the Genting sponsor. :)

Edit: Also, I thought number 4 tends to go to a central/defensive midfielder, and 5 and 6 are for central defenders. Weirdly out of order.

Edited by heid3ster

• 1 month later...

I wish Didier Six had been around for squad numbers.  I'd have given him the number seven shirt just to annoy people. :P

reddwarf-kryten.gif
  • Like 1

I'm funny with squad numbers, I like them all to be perfect. I love the part of the season on Football Manager when you get to choose them.

It really annoys me seeing Kone and Dempsey both wearing the number 2 shirt. It's not right!!!

1 - Goalkeeper

2 - Right back

3 - Left back

4 - Left half

5 - Centre half

6 - Right half

7 - Outside right

8 - Inside right

9 - Centre forward

10 - Inside left

11 - Outside left

;)

Edited by mjmooney

1. Guzan
  2. Lowton
  3. Bennett
  4. Vlaar
  5. Okore
  6. Clark
  7. Ireland
  8. El Ahmadi
  9. Benteke*
  10. N'Zogbia
  11. Agbonlahor
  12. Albrighton
  13. Luna (?)
  14. Holman
  15. Westwood
  16. Delph
  17. Helenius
  18. Sylla
  19. Tonev
  20. Gardner
  21. Bowery
  22. Bacuna
  23. Delfouneso
  24. Johnson
  25. Bannan
  26. Weimann
  27. Steer (?)
  28. -
  29. -
  30. Carruthers
  31. Herd
  32. Baker
  33. Burke
  34. Siegrist
  35. Grealish
  36. Robinson

*Assuming Bent leaves

Edited by adz.villa

19 for Tonev as he's Bulgarian?

Or should we just retire it?

I was thinking this when we signed him (I may have tweeted it, I can't remember). I'm not sure he'd be comfortable with it. Too much pressure perhaps. I dunno. We shall see.

1 - Goalkeeper 

2 - Right back 
3 - Left back 
4 - Defensive midfielder 
5 - Centre back 
6 - Centre-back 
7 - Right midfielder/winger 
8 - Box-to-box midfielder
9 - Centre forward/Goalscorer
10 - In "the hole"/Playmaker
11 - Left midfielder/winger

I wish Didier Six had been around for squad numbers.  I'd have given him the number seven shirt just to annoy people. :P

Give him the no. 9 shirt so he can be as funny as those people that have their name and the number 69 on th back of their shirt.

Lee Mack funny, that is.

Give him the no. 9 shirt so he can be as funny as those people that have their name and the number 69 on th back of their shirt.

Lee Mack funny, that is.

Meeeowwww :D (I like Lee Mack :()

If I remember correctly Lowton requested no 34 for sentimental reasons - so hell stay as he is.......

I reckon Okore will be 2 and Baker promoted to 5 !!

1. Guzan
  2. Lowton
  3. Bennett
  4. Vlaar
  5. Okore
  6. Clark
  7. Ireland
  8. El Ahmadi
  9. Benteke*
  10. N'Zogbia
  11. Agbonlahor
  12. Albrighton
  13. Luna (?)
  14. Holman
  15. Westwood
  16. Delph
  17. Helenius
  18. Sylla
  19. Tonev
  20. Gardner
  21. Bowery
  22. Bacuna
  23. Delfouneso
  24. Johnson
  25. Bannan
  26. Weimann
  27. Steer (?)
  28. -
  29. -
  30. Carruthers
  31. Herd
  32. Baker
  33. Burke
  34. Siegrist
  35. Grealish
  36. Robinson

*Assuming Bent leaves

Why oh why would we still give Ireland the number 7? He shouldn't even get a squad number!

If I remember correctly Lowton requested no 34 for sentimental reasons - so hell stay as he is.......

I reckon Okore will be 2 and Baker promoted to 5 !!

Lowton didn't have the choice of having the number 2 back then as it was occupied by Hutton and gave the reason for choosing 34 because it was his first number for Sheffield United I believe. Now that the number 2 shirt is likely to be available, he'll have the choice and I think he'll pick 2.

As someone already said, Lowton was number 2 for Sheffield United when we bought him, so he could have stayed 34 there but chose not to.

He'll definitely be number 2, I think Vlaar will stay 4 and Okore 5, Benteke (if he stays) will stick with 20 and Weimann will get the 9 shirt but only if Bent winds up leaving.

I'd rather he get the 9 shirt and Benteke stay as 20, then use 7 on that amazing creative midfielder we'll buy when we sell Bent and some of the others ;)

Â