Biggest moment of the season?

Oaks

I've got two.

A massive moment was Lowtons goal against Stoke. It was a massive 87th min winner.

But my biggest moment was Guzans save in the last min against West Ham. If that goes in, I think we might have struggled to beat Reading and QPR.

Lowton`s goal

Save from Guzan against Samba

Sunderland defeat felt pretty damn good too.

Not really a special moment from Benteke that I can remember, but he has been pretty big this season I would say.

Same goes for Guzan.

Gabby's goal against QPR, completely against the run of play, just before half time was a key goal for me. QPR I think were off the back of two wins and actually started to look like they could get out the mess, that small run was by far the best they'd been all season and It was a really tough game. That goal killed QPR and kept the relegation battle down to just one remaining place. 

Second half against Newcastle also seemed as though the players started to believe that, actually, most teams in this league are a bit rubbish and we don't really have much to be scared of. 

• Like 1

Weimann vs Liverpool featuring Benteke's back heel. Showed the first real hint of the potential power of our forwards. Even though a couple of rocky months followed, as a moment that's just unbeatable.

• Like 2

Benteke penalty against Swansea away. Although we dropped 2 that day, the previous 3 matches we had conceded 15 and scored 0. Matt of us couldn't see us scoring even once, let alone twice in a match and couldn't see where our next points would come from. It was ugly and it was spluttering and the final result was gutting, but you came away from that performance with the slightest hint that the corner had been turned.

Flipping hell everyone's trying to regress-up-man(or lady)ship each other. :D

I reckon it was when various Villa Cross Wesleyan Chapel members got together in Handsworth. :P

• Like 1

Lowton's goal v stoke - Guzan v West Ham

Perhaps of lesser significance - but finally a bit of form from Delph, and Baker taking over from Clark, Sylla while he has a lot to learn has added a bite in midfield 

I think it was at the final whistle against Newcastle.  Despite the loss the Holte still rose as one and clapped the players off and I honestly believed it gave every single on of our lads a belief in themselves and it helped bring every one that bit together.

For weeks after every interview with the players and the manager seemed to mention it and I honestly believe it kicked started our season (even if we only drew, won and then lost two immediately after).

There's been so many in the last few weeks, N'Zogbia's free kick, Guzan's save, Gabby's goal, Lowton's goal, The Sunderland game, Gabby's goal v Norwich, but none would have been quiet as significant without the one that preceded it!

QPR game in general and Clint Hill missing that shot in the dying seconds of the game. If they'd won or got a point - which they probably deserved - Villa would have been reeled right into the shit.

Â