Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

a lot of people seem pretty confident about this one.... yes if chelsea win tonight they have already qualified for the champs league and yes they have the europa final 4 days later so will probably rest a few key players. However, they are a quality team, miles ahead in term of ability compared to us and they are currently on form. The fact we've won a few games recently has gone to our heads a bit. Yes we beat Norwich but we didn't play well, the first 20 minutes against Sunderland we were very poor too. I think we will lose, not an 8 - 0 drubbing like last time but 3 - 1 something like that. However, I hope to be suprised! We do quite well against Chelsea usually and should have a lot of confidence going into the game. If we are to win it will be through our midfield not giving them time on the ball, Delph and Sylla pressurising and Westwood spraying the ball into space for quick counters by Wiemman, Gabby and Benteke. Our defence won't be able to cope with their attacking flair and prowess, we need Sylla and Delph to put in a hell of a lot of effort in closing down quick and breaking down their play before they can gain momentum

We have zero chance of winning this game

I'm not being negative but we have not kept a clean sheet all season which would mean for us to win we would need to score at least 2 - 3 goals or keep a clean sheet at long last?

They have only drew one of their last 5 games winning the other 4 

I cannot see it happening a draw is the best we can hope for

Edited by AshVilla

We have zero chance of winning this game

I'm not being negative but we have not kept a clean sheet all season which would mean for us to win we would need to score at least 2 - 3 goals or keep a clean sheet at long last?

They have only drew one of their last 5 games winning the other 4 

I cannot see it happening a draw is the best we can hope for

To say we have zero chance is a bit ridiculous, I'd love a draw, odds are on Chelsea to beat us of course but to say we have zero chance...

**** me, we get a result against Sunderland and Norwich and some people think we're unstoppable.

3 or 4-1 to Chelsea I reckon.

Edited by Davkaus

This game is on at 4:30 in the morning here! Will I be up and watching? You bet I will. I feel like any point will be a bonus, realistically Chelsea don't even have to be at their best to beat us. But I'm feeling optimistic so I'm going for 2-2.

Think this will be either like the United game recently where they will get 2/3 early goals and then will be a goalless second half OR Chelsea will get one either half. Standard.

Just hoping Wigan fluff up on Tuesday I guess.

Edited by Tayls

Think this will be either like the United game recently where they will get 2/3 early goals and then will be a goalless second half OR Chelsea will get one either half. Standard.

Glad to see you're optimistic :)

I'm optimistic of the fact that we won't be beaten 8-0 again :D Edited by Tayls

I'm optimistic of the fact that we won't be beaten 8-0 again :D

I hope so, it's tainted the name I have chosen

We need to score eight (I was disappointed we didn't get two more against Sunderland :)) so I can think of that instead.