Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Lambert should say this to them before they step out on to the pitch.

"I'll do what I can to help y'all. But, the game's out there, and it's play or get played. That simple."

All we need to do is work hard and make Chelsea work hard to beat us, we know they seem to be running out of steam late in the second half...........lol, they have a cup final to play as well, a few yellow cards early for us ain't gonna hurt and it may help the Chelsea players focus on their priorities. The 8-0 hurt our players, pay back time I'm afraid Mr few

**** sake thought Fat Frank would start for them against us after he was only named on the bench against Utd at the weekend, confirmation of that above, will certainly score one to break the record or probably even a brace.

Chelsea will rest key players, as they of course have the EL final four days after playing us, so Hazard (probably wouldn't be risked anyway) and Moses are doubtful according to the Sky Sports preview, reckon their starting 11 will be:

Turnbull, Azpillcueta, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Marin, Oscar, Moses, Ba 

Edited by Avflife

Lol @ starting line up above, goes on cussing that Lampard will start, then doesn't include him in his predicted line-up.

lol I laughed way harder at that then I should.

Chelsea has been on a pretty solid run lately and I think we will struggle to keep up with them. I reckon they win 3-4 goals, and we may put in 1. Would be raving with a win but I don`t see it. Torres started last match and he has been switching him with Ba every other match, but I have a feeling Torres gonna play this on. Or? 

I think Ba could do more damage against us.

I actually think we will get something out of the game. The games have mounted up for Chelsea. They had a tough game Wednesday and to play us less than 3 days later, there will be a reaction. I know they will rest players but I would fancy our chances against terry if he plays. Hope lowton is fit for us.

Has Lampard ever scored at vp? Can't remember him doing so

Prediction

1-0 either way. Chelsea looked knackered on Wednesday v spurs. Blowing out there arses for the last half hour

Beneathus will,  I hope,  be more focused on getting another euro final win on his cv and thus pick a weakened team.  He will think they have almost qualified for champs league now and anyway have another chance to seal that.  He'll want the euro win more than beating us tomorrow

Whatever happens plenty of chants of 'You're Just a Fat Spanish Waiter' are called for!

if they score i think we should sing "you're nothing special, we concede every game"

• Like 1

We'll win.

We have pulled out good results in the last couple of games a few times.

1995 Aston Villa 2 - 0 Liverpool (saved us from relegation)

1998 Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal (Qualified for UEFA cup)

2002 Chelsea 1 - 3 Aston Villa (Got us Intertoto!)

2011 Arsenal 1 - 2 Aston Villa  Aston Villa 1 - 0 Liverpool (saved us from relegation)

2011 Arsenal 1 - 2 Aston Villa  Aston Villa 1 - 0 Liverpool (saved us from relegation)

Slight exaggeration there. Those results got us 9th place and "saved" us from finishing 15th if we'd lost them both. We already had enough points to stay up after 33 games that season.

Lol @ starting line up above, goes on cussing that Lampard will start, then doesn't include him in his predicted line-up.

Included Lampard in my starting line up for Ramires :)