Girls missing for a decade found alive

kurtsimonw

Great that they have been found, I imagine there must be some serious mental scars though, doubt they've spent a decade playing tiddlywinks with their captors.

This

And the other women found with them, she could have been held much much longer. Still I'm thankful they escaped. 

"I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man's arms," he quipped. "Something is wrong here. Dead giveaway. Either she's homeless, or she's got problems ... that's the only reason why she'd run to a black man."

Hero :D

Edited by Meath_Villan

I'm not gonna lie, Charles is crackin' me up. 

"nuthin' interesting bout' the dude....until today"  "you need an ambulance, hey man....she needs everything!" 

• Like 1

I'm not exactly sure if saying it's nice to see a missing persons case have a happy ending is the right thing to say - I'm sure they had a pretty shitty time - but having also read a news story today about a British guy in America who constructed a dungeon in his basement designed for the capture, raping, and eating of children, it is a relief that, in this case at least, they are alive.

Stories like this one always make me wonder who else is missing out there and being held captive, what their circumstances are, and how close to home they could be. Like, if the chance didn't arise for the lady in this story to escape, or if she didn't take it when it did, how much longer would they be there for? Scary shit.

I was also fascinated by the similar story of an American girl who was held captive, whose name I can't remember, although I believe a film has been/is being made about her life. There was some controversy over whether or not she was actually being held against her will, if she had become infatuated with the guy who nabbed her and then decided she wanted to leave and did, or if she was simply too scared to leave or attempt to leave the house she was being held in despite the fact she had opportunities to do so.

Â