Famous Villa Autographs!

villa-revolution

I have the aforementioned '82 European Cup Final official match programme together with an unused match ticket signed by Allan Evans. Plus the following:

An official Aston Villa Football Club football (unused) signed by the entire squad from the 1993-1994 season (League Cup winning squad) that included the following players plus Ron Atkinson:

Nigel Spink, Earl Barrett, Steve Staunton, Shaun Teale, Paul McGrath, Kevin Richardson, Ray Houghton, Garry Parker, Dean Saunders, Dalian Atkinson, Tony Daley, Steve Froggatt, Mark Bosnich, Andy Townsend, Ugo Ehiogu, Neil Cox, Dwight Yorke, Stefan Beinlich, Matthias Breitkreutz, David Farrell, Guy Whittingham, Bryan Small, Dariusz Kubicki, Graham Fenton & Michael Oakes.

I also have an AVFC club book from around 1988 that is a complete record of every player that ever played for the Villa throughout its history. I sent it off to Bodymoor Heath and got it signed by every player together with Graham Taylor. Also, I used to work in a shop in Erdington and one of our regular customers was a friend of the shop owner. The friend was Jimmy MacEwan. He played for Villa from 1959 until 1966. Jimmy was a great bloke and he loved the fact his picture made it into this Villa book that I had. He kindly signed the inside cover for me :).

I've got other autographs that I have collected on match day programmes over the years but wouldn't have a clue which players.

• Like 2

Graham Taylor on the A-Z of players book.   The Original that had a photocopied version was delayed in post so they sent another that he actually signed.

Johnny Dixon, Alan Deakin who were playing for the Old Boys, signed above Book.

Leslie Smith (Winger from 40s)  also signed same book as he was watching the match.  Friends Dad said come with me as he knew his son.  Remember Leslie's son saying sign it like a Cheque Dad.

McGrath Signed Autobiography my sister got me.

Menu from end of Season do for 1981 signed by all players.  Amazed I was given this but bloke marrying girl next door was told to clear out his Villa collection and I happened to be lucky kid next door.

Alan Evans on back of Kinsgbury Aquarians (Swimming Club) AGM schedule.  His kids swam so a bloke who knew me from City of Brum Swimming got me his autograph and said that Allen said he would try to score for me that weekend.  It was Didier Siz debut and we beat Man U 3-0 with Allen scoring penalty at End.  THAT IS SO MY GOAL!

Brian Little and Tony Dorigo when the Youth Team visited and opened Chasetown new pitch.  I actually went back to Dorigo who was a Youth Team player and asked who are you!

Andy Gray on his book at his Book Launch.   Also got Big Ron and David OLeary that night.

Think I have Birch and Keown as well.

I have Big Fat Ron somewhere. I asked him to sign the mini diary I always used to keep in my back pocket. He had to do it 3 times as the first 2 he tried to sign the clear plastic sleeve. 

My nephew got Dion Dublins when I took him down to a match when Dion had his broken neck. Miracle man. 

11 hours ago, limpid said:

I think I've got a signed copy of Ginola's autobiography somewhere. He signed it "Up the Villa!".

He was lying 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villarocker said:

I have the aforementioned '82 European Cup Final official match programme together with an unused match ticket signed by Allan Evans. Plus the following:

An official Aston Villa Football Club football (unused) signed by the entire squad from the 1993-1994 season (League Cup winning squad) that included the following players plus Ron Atkinson:

Nigel Spink, Earl Barrett, Steve Staunton, Shaun Teale, Paul McGrath, Kevin Richardson, Ray Houghton, Garry Parker, Dean Saunders, Dalian Atkinson, Tony Daley, Steve Froggatt, Mark Bosnich, Andy Townsend, Ugo Ehiogu, Neil Cox, Dwight Yorke, Stefan Beinlich, Matthias Breitkreutz, David Farrell, Guy Whittingham, Bryan Small, Dariusz Kubicki, Graham Fenton & Michael Oakes.

I also have an AVFC club book from around 1988 that is a complete record of every player that ever played for the Villa throughout its history. I sent it off to Bodymoor Heath and got it signed by every player together with Graham Taylor. Also, I used to work in a shop in Erdington and one of our regular customers was a friend of the shop owner. The friend was Jimmy MacEwan. He played for Villa from 1959 until 1966. Jimmy was a great bloke and he loved the fact his picture made it into this Villa book that I had. He kindly signed the inside cover for me :).

I've got other autographs that I have collected on match day programmes over the years but wouldn't have a clue which players.

OK you Win! 

On 07/05/2013 at 12:30, choffer said:

Kevin Poole came to my school sports day. I think that's the only villa player I've ever met or got an autograph from.

My wife is from a village near Bodymoor Heath. Every year without fail a Villa Player opened the Village Fete. The world has changed so they don't have a village fete anymore but could you imagine a Villa player now opening a Village fete? In fact I bet that tradition ended before the Village Fete did. 

My dad used to deliver / sell the old lottery tickets in the 80's he went to the ticket office to get the monthly tickets with me when inside was my hero at the time Gary Shaw. I ended up with loads of items from the store and a signed photo. To say I was in heaven would be an understatement.

I still have the photo now stored away with a collection of other autographs handed down to me from my Uncle .

• Like 1

I didn't put in any leg work myself but my Mum sent off a card to Villa in the 95/96 season, without my knowledge. She didn't expect anything back talking to her about it when I was more grown up. I was turning 11 myself at the time. It meant the world. 

Signatures I remember on the card include:

Gary Charles, Andy Townsend, Ian Taylor, Paul McGrath, Steve Staunton, Carl Tiler, Mark Bosnich, Dwight Yorke, Savo Milosevic, Ugo Ehiogu, Tommy Johnson, Julian Joachim, Mark Draper, Alan Wright, Riccardo Scimeca, Michael Oakes and a longer message from Gareth Southgate. It was rammed and it's something I'll never forget even if I don't physically have it anymore.

There was a happy birthday written on separate paper from Brian Little too. That was to a little Welsh boy with no ties to the club other than my parents giving me a blank claret kit years before and deciding it was Villa. 

It's another world these days but as Metallica sang, "The memory remains". 

• Like 1

I have a programme from arsenal away the day we won the league signed by the whole squad. 

I also have a book from that time, signed by the whole squad again. The book was signed after we won the European cup so is updated slightly.

i also have an autograph book signed by MON (which he signs it to me and my brother), Gareth Barry and a few other players. Randy Lerner and the general also both signed the book and (I know they aren't the most popular) but I doubt many have their signatures. 

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I have a programme from arsenal away the day we won the league signed by the whole squad. 

I also have a book from that time, signed by the whole squad again. The book was signed after we won the European cup so is updated slightly.

i also have an autograph book signed by MON (which he signs it to me and my brother), Gareth Barry and a few other players. Randy Lerner and the general also both signed the book and (I know they aren't the most popular) but I doubt many have their signatures. 

Ah the general - I'd forgotten about him - the poor mans Ho ;)

• Like 1

Signed European Cup final program by Peter Withe .. alas I was too young to attend but my mate from schools , dad was producer of Match of the Day and also a villa fan and he got it for me as he had a press pass and got into the changing room ( the match itself was in itv ) 

fairly sure I've got some random programs autographed that are up in the loft as well 

• 5 months later...

Stefan Moore was a friend of a friend and he put a birthday card up in the Villa changing room for everyone to sign for me :D. Made me so happy.

My most treasured though is Peter Schmeichel as he was my all-time hero when I was a young goalkeeper and he is in fact the reason I support this team as I starting supporting Villa as he moved over and I needed a team to support.

If only I'd waited one more year...

I played for Villa u16s boys in 1990, I had to have a serious operations which meant I couldn't play football for 2 years. I got a personalised get well card from the team so Platt, Daley, Spink, Cowans etc. I had it framed and on display for years don't know where it is now 

• Like 1

I never got an autograph, but I've got a little anecdote about a failed attempt to get one. 

I must have been 13 or 14 and had been swimming at Wyndley baths in sutton. I had got changed and was waiting for a friend still in the cubicle when i noticed Nigel Spink in the cubicle next to him. Completely star struck i sort of hissed my mate in the next cubicle and under my breath i said 'Nigel Spink is next to you'. Not being a football fan, and rather loudly he said 'who the bloody hell is Nigel Spink?'

My heart sank because it was loud enough that Nigel surely heard. At that Nigel emerged in his trunks and in a panic i said 'im a villa fan, i know who you are, can i have your signature' he said 'of course, have you got a pen?. I obviously didn't, so still flustered and embarrassed about what my mate had said i simply ran off. 

Mark Bosnich came into the shop I worked in..he had just left Villa and was on his way to the world club championships with Man U and wanted a  power adapter so he could plug his laptop in abroad  ...We sold digital cameras so I got my photo took with him, printed it off on the demo printer and got him to sign it.

I have no idea where it is now, I've moved house twice and job 4 times since but it's probably in my loft.

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

I never got an autograph, but I've got a little anecdote about a failed attempt to get one. 

I must have been 13 or 14 and had been swimming at Wyndley baths in sutton. I had got changed and was waiting for a friend still in the cubicle when i noticed Nigel Spink in the cubicle next to him. Completely star struck i sort of hissed my mate in the next cubicle and under my breath i said 'Nigel Spink is next to you'. Not being a football fan, and rather loudly he said 'who the bloody hell is Nigel Spink?'

My heart sank because it was loud enough that Nigel surely heard. At that Nigel emerged in his trunks and in a panic i said 'im a villa fan, i know who you are, can i have your signature' he said 'of course, have you got a pen?. I obviously didn't, so still flustered and embarrassed about what my mate had said i simply ran off. 

If it makes you feel any better, if you'd had a pen, you'd just be one of the thousands of autographs he's signed, and he'd have forgot all about you. But he definitely remembers that weird kid who approached him while he was in his swimming trunks then ran away.

Â