Sunderland vs Stoke

chrisp65

He's simply brilliant. 

They did a two hour half-season review at Christmas and it was brilliant. I'm not saying I hang on his every word but it's hard to disagree the reasoning with pretty much anything he says. 

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 1

I think Carragher will be OK, I think he talks a good game in his interviews and will offer more insight than Wilkins and Redknapp.

only problem is that **** accent

Saints getting something from Sunderland next weekend would be pretty great for us. I just realised Sunderland would be without Danny Rose on the final day since he can't play against Spurs. That would mean the Mackems need to get something at WHL without Sessegnon, Fletcher, Rose or Gardner!

I think Carragher will be OK, I think he talks a good game in his interviews and will offer more insight than Wilkins and Redknapp.

only problem is that **** accent

I don't doubt he'll be more Neville and less Shearer. It's hard to see him being that good though and he needs to be if I'm to forgive that particular Carragher accent :(

I'm not so sure, Bri'. The thing is with the SKy pundits, yes they are to an extent encouraged to be more in depth than the BBC and ITV types, but where SKy got it right was that the first one they had, Andy Gray, was a recent coach, and experienced player with a level of knowledge to share. Neville is far better than Andy Gray, but he too has something extra - he was a PFA rep, known for standing his ground, he's bright and worked under a magnificent manager. Carragher has no coaching knowledge or experience that I'm aware of, is not known for holding or voicing strong opinions or rocking the boat, and is just basically an ex-player (or about to be).

He may be very good, but I'm more inclined to see him like Redknapp or Shearer than Neville or Pat Nevin. ALso Sky are not going to want to replace Neville, so I think he'll just be another on a roster of ex-players that co-commentate or whatever. He's unlikely to be an analyst in the same way Neville is.

Â