• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Lowton 27)
    • Holman (for Sylla 78)

We wern't at our best but we weren't terrible. Norwich never gave us an opportunity to play our normal game. We should have scored a 2nd after we went 1-0 up. Bennett gave a stupid penalty away but it started outside the area so should have been a free-kick

Edited by PaulC

We were lucky in the end not to be playing with nine. Bennett made about three bookable offenses after picking up his first yellow, and Benteke grabbing Bassong by the throat was bafflingly stupid. It was really a poor game from just about everyone, even Guzan looked a little nervy. Gabby saved us. I don't think it's overstating it to say he may have just saved our season.

That was a scrappy victory. We played pretty awful to be fair and that defense still looks as weak as a newborn baby but arise Sir Gabby! He wanted the victory even if not many of the others did!

Lambert really has a hoodoo over Norwich.

Gabby easily MOM. Best player out there today. Benteke and Weimann were very poor so just as well Gabby had a great day.

Baker was solid at the back and Lichaj did ok when he came on. Vlaar had a few lapses in concentration and poor Joe Bennett had a stinker. Can only hope he learns from it and pushes on.

Westwood and Delph were alright but Sylla was never really involved.

Vital win though. Nice one Gabby!!

guzan-  6 some shakey moments

lowton -6 went off injured

Bennett - 3 terrible terrible game, poor decision making poor tackles poor distribution and very nearly cost us 2 points, he only gets a 3 due to 3 passes he made down the line for gabby

vlaar - 6 he should have been the player to take out holt instead of leave it to baker

baker - 7 got bullied by holt, fouled by holt and took a battering today but still put himself about

delph - 8 pick of the midfield for me, always in the tackle trying to keep the ball on the floor and setting things up

westwood - 6 was not really in it today, 1 good ball to gabby for the goal

sylla - 6 got involved but drifted out of the game, our midfield were out numbers and they just played it through our midfield with ease

benteke - 6 poor touch poor shooting but held it up well an nice flick ons and link up play, not his day at all though

weiman - 6 didn't see much of the ball and looked off pace but still linked up well, kept running and challenging

gabby -9 first half was as poor a the other players, had 3 chances to break free and made the wrong choice on each but second half he put his 'clever ' head on and scored 2 great goals and won the game for us

lambert - 10 ( only because we won) it should be a 6 the formation was wrong and once Bennett got the booking we should have made changes

We wasn't that bad in the 2nd half we were the better team! Didn't see the first. Gabby the most convincing MOTM ever. Fair play outstanding stuff from him. Delph was good too. Benteke could have got sent off...and if that Holt goal went in we would have really been in the shit! 

I had be out the house today- I just couldnt hack checking the results. One lovely walk later just found that Villa managed to get a late winner rather than chucking it away! If Wigan had drawn today we would be safe, but I am still not super relaxed just yet- bloddy west brom!  Norwich are in trouble still- ok have west 'on the beach' brom next but then man city away. A point at chelsea be enough?! Or even a narrow defeat?

Guzan - 7 - Slightly disappointed he didn't save the pen. He used to eat those for Breakfast. Didn't have a lot to do in all honesty.

Lowton - 6 - Was doing alright until he went off, best thing to protect him. Felt we missed him.

Lichaj - 6.5 - Solid as always, takes no prisoners. Good to have him as a backup full-back because you know you can rely on him.

Vlaar - 4 - Bit of a shocker I thought. Nowhere near his best.

Baker - 6 - Not his best game but handled Holt well-ish.

Bennett - 4 - See Vlaar.

Westwood - 8 - Mainly for the fantastic pass for Gabby at the end. As good as the finish.

Sylla - 6.5 - Ran well. Solid against a committed Norwich midfield.

Delph - 8 - Excellent game. Needed more composure when through near the end.

Weimann - 5 - Not his best. Looks burnt out.

Benteke - 6 - If they can't find him after the game, they better look in Bassong's pocket.

Gabby - 10 - Won the game on his own.

Norwich lowered the quality of the game by being very committed and physical and we stood up to it in the most part. I thought we had a load more clear chances than they did and we took the 2 hardest ones. I thought the penalty was very, very harsh as that wouldn't be a free-kick outside the box. It was a 50-50, Bennett went down first then the Norwich player went down. Bennett's arm was out though. I think Stevens for the next 2 games.

Fantastic win, something I haven't seen a Villa team do in a very long while...win without playing well.

Guzan 6.5. -Solid enough, made me sh*t myself when he came for that cross in the 93rd min.

Lowton N/A - Feel for him. He was superb against Sunderland, hopefully he'll be back soon.

Vlaar 7 - Solid, very solid. Marshalled the defence very well and got the job done.

Baker 7 - Tough start to the game. But really came into the game and was very solid.

Bennett 5 - Stupid foul to give away. Although he's come on heaps and bounds, he needs to cut out these stupid mistakes, which almost cost us today. Other than that, I felt Snodgrass had the beating of him.

Sylla 6 - Done well, put himself about however i felt like the game kinda passed him by. However he provided sufficient cover for Lichaj throughout the game.

Westwood 7 - What a fantastic ball for the second goal. He was very good today, really coming into this Carrick-esque role. More of the same please.

Delph 7.5 - This is annoying for me, as I've been saying all season that Delph is sh*te...and now he's proving me wrong. Very good performance. Put himself about and was good enough on the ball.

Weimann 5.5 - Rare bad game for the Austrian, almost scored in the second half, but overall was quiet.

Agbonlahor 8 - Wonderful by Gabby. He was superb, was a real threat from the off. This season, Gabby has seem to become a better footballer, in terms of technique. As of late we've seen cross field passing, teasing whipped crosses(even though he was doing them last season) and good long shots. Loving this from Gabby.

Benteke 5 - Few nice touches here and there, but was very poor for his standards.

Subs

Lichaj 6.5 - Decent going forward, solid defensively

Holman 6 - Was livelyish, but I want him to run about and press more though.

Â