West Bromwich Albion Vs. Wigan Athletic

Marka Ragnos

I think if they lose to City midweek then it could be different. I don't think the players or manager would be happy losing 3 in a row when 2 of them are relegation battling teams.

This all bodes well for their form going into next season though - they've been on the beach since the end of March. Keeping that team together is what has given them possibly their most successful season ever. Once it gets picked off by the bigger fish they'll be back to being yo-yo yam yams again.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

This all bodes well for their form going into next season though - they've been on the beach since the end of March. Keeping that team together is what has given them possibly their most successful season ever. Once it gets picked off by the bigger fish they'll be back to being yo-yo yam yams again.

Which of their players are you referring to? I can think of any of them that would get moves to bigger clubs.

WBA Didn't exactly put 100% in today

They won't next week at Norwich either

words removed

Did you see the game? I'm no Olbeyun apologist but it looked to me like they were trying pretty hard. Wigan's goal was under a lot of pressure, especially nearer the end.

• Like 1

Few Baggies fans on Facebook cheering on Wigan today. Pricks

Disgusting and depressing. And totally not surprising. In the last year, I've met more Albion fans interested in Villa's relegation than Albion fans interested in Albion.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

Did you see the wigan goals 2 and 3. Virtually unchallenged goals.

Same could be said of a good number of the goals we've conceded this year.

• Like 1

Take Lukaka away and there's already a lot of points gone. Plus Odemwhinge position is untenable there.

Good manager, tinpot Smalltime club.

Yes without Lukaku they will struggle and I can not see them having a first half of a season like they did this season. Though Clarke really **** it up at the weekend, Lukaku and Rosenberg linked up very well and bossed Wigan - so he brings them both off for midfielders!?

Take Lukaka away and there's already a lot of points gone. Plus Odemwhinge position is untenable there.

Good manager, tinpot Smalltime club.

Yes without Lukaku they will struggle and I can not see them having a first half of a season like they did this season. Though Clarke really **** it up at the weekend, Lukaku and Rosenberg linked up very well and bossed Wigan - so he brings them both off for midfielders!?

I'll be interested to see if Lukaku does indeed smoothly go back to Chelsea. He's a wonderful player, gaining more and more composure all the time, but it's a little hard to see how he fits into Chelsea's culture or lineup, and I don't think Lukaku will be content at all to sit on the sidelines waiting to be subbed. He's young -- he needs to play. He's WBA's player of the year, without a question, and I see total implosion next year without him.  I don't see a fix for his loss. Would be shocked if Jeremy Peace were willing to pour the kind of money into Albion it requires to stay in the top of the table. 

And for all Baggie fans' triumphalism over Villa fans this year, at this very moment Albion are only a mere 8 points above Villa. Puts things in perspective a bit.

Too similar to each other I think.  Maybe as a plan B for the final ten minutes when they are chasing a goal but starting a game like that?  

I don't see much of Belgium (in fact I don't see any of Belgium) but I'd wager they play a Chelsea style formation with a central striker ahead of three attacking midfielders.  Maybe Benteke ahead of Hazard, Fellaini & Mirallas for example. 

Too similar to each other I think.  Maybe as a plan B for the final ten minutes when they are chasing a goal but starting a game like that?  

I don't see much of Belgium (in fact I don't see any of Belgium) but I'd wager they play a Chelsea style formation with a central striker ahead of three attacking midfielders.  Maybe Benteke ahead of Hazard, Fellaini & Mirallas for example. 

Lukaku played wide on Saturday. Not sure where he usually plays, but he had the Gabby/Weimann role as opposed to Benteke.

Â