West Bromwich Albion Vs. Wigan Athletic

Marka Ragnos

glad to see clarke's comments in the week, i feel pretty much the same, baggies fans getting excited about finishing above us and becoming the biggest club in the midlands annoys the **** out of me, the club itself doesnt bother me in the slightest

been told wigan have a great record at the hawthorns but still expecting a home win, baggies wont finish above liverpool and should finish above swansea so their season is effectively over

I think Clarke will want to win this but knowing how obsessed their fans are I wouldn't be surprised to see them cheer a Wigan goal.

To be fair, the three of my mates who are Albion fans don't want us to go down as they like the local derbies. I think like me, they see themselves as our traditional local rivals.

WBA friend of mine has a spare ticket and asked if I want to go. I'm not sure I could bring myself to actually support West Brom though, even for 1 game that also benefits Villa. He actually wants us to stop up, mostly because he said it'd be shit seeing Villa win every week next season if we went down.

I wouldnt begrudge a West Brom victory as it helps us. They should enjoy finishing above us while it lasts, as their team is due a serious cherry-picking this summer. They'll find their rightful place near the trapdoor next season.

Saying that, those sad **** probably want Wigan to beat their own team tomorrow.

Saying that, those sad ****s probably want Wigan to beat their own team tomorrow.

There is definitely a contingent -- a vocal minority -- who feel that way, for the obvious reason.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

I don't get why they hate us, most villa fans don't care about them. You only have to look at the SHA thread, then we had thread a few pages questioning of they are a hated local rival, when you have to question that then you should know we don't care. I don't mind them tbh, hope they win today anyway

I don't get why they hate us, most villa fans don't care about them. You only have to look at the SHA thread, then we had thread a few pages questioning of they are a hated local rival, when you have to question that then you should know we don't care. I don't mind them tbh, hope they win today anyway

I think it depends what part of Brum you live and what generation you are from. I know Villa fans who consider the Baggies our main rivals and likewise Baggies fans who hate us more than Wolves.

I spent a majority of my live living I'm Handsworth 2 streets away from hawthorns and went senior school in Sandwell and still feel nothing, been to my fair share of wba games too with mates. We have a bit of Banter and it's nothing like the shit I throw at SHA. I'm 24 now, like you said it's probably more generation thing.

I caved and went to the game today. Cunch of bunts springs to mind. West Brom are absolute toss and have nothing to offer without Lukaku. Some genius started singing "You're going down with the Villa" when Albion took the lead. Clown.

Oh well, at least Newcastle, Norwich and possibly Sunderland are under massive pressure now.

Â