How to post links or photos on VT

Morpheus

Question

Ok with over 3000 posts now I think its time I learnt how to do this. I need instruction from scratch folks which will also help new members. Please advise in a way the non technically gifted can understand.

It's ridiculously easy.

Photo: Click the picture button at the top of the text box when you're writing your post ^^^^^ (it looks like a small polaroid picture)

Paste in your link. Done.

Link: Write whatever word you want to be your link. HIghlight it with the cursor. Click the link button^^^ (looks like a chain link). Paste in your link. Done/

• Like 1

OK,  I know this is stupid but it wont let me post pictures via a link.

If I paste the link in the browser picture is there fine.

If I post on VT no matter what I do it says the extension is not allowed ? it was a .jpg ?

Edit

20130425_223035.jpg

I am sure this is my fault but I don't know why,  If I link from Drop box,  then no good but from picasa it works.

Apologies as I am sure it has been said before,  my bad.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Any advice on uploading a picture using an iPad?

I have no icons at the top of the text box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Where do you have the images hosted? If they are on your ipad, then you need to upload them somewhere. Picassa, imageshack, google+ or any of the photo sharing sites will all give you the links to use.

Hi all, I'm trying to learn how to post short links from my galaxy s3, I followed the instructions above and in the FAQ'S but when I click the link button I'm redirected to a external site called reddit. Is this just my phone playing silly buggers?

Thanks.

Hi all, I'm trying to learn how to post short links from my galaxy s3, I followed the instructions above and in the FAQ'S but when I click the link button I'm redirected to a external site called reddit. Is this just my phone playing silly buggers?

Thanks.

Are you using the VT app or the mobile skin?