Your biggest regret?

Ingram85

Her name was Eloise. I still dream about her occasionally.

Quite recently, probably a couple of years ago, I heard the Damned song of the same name for the first time. The lyrics struck me. It made me feel very odd.

...god I'm sorry. Ima go back to the confessions thread and carry on being vulgar now.

Regret nothing. I some times think about ex girlfriends in a what if sort of way but don't regret them

Edited by Jimzk5

Quite recently, probably a couple of years ago, I heard the Damned song of the same name for the first time. The lyrics struck me. It made me feel very odd.

...god I'm sorry. Ima go back to the confessions thread and carry on being vulgar now.

I'm coming with you **** this shit, this aint fun this is depressing

When I was 13(ish) I was pretty decent at football. Got scouted by WBA but after numerous trials I didn't make the final cut. Straight away I stopped playing football thinking I weren't good enough. Wish I had of stuck with it as one of the main reasons I weren't picked was lack of body strength and I was a defender. Few years later my body developed and I got quite big and bulky. Chances of making it were slim, but you never know. I just had no one pushing me and telling me to stick with it. Which is rather annoying. 

Edited by PieFacE

I don't regret anything I have done.

Regret sort of implies guilt and sadness about aspects of your past, which I don't have, but I might do things differently if I lived them again. To me that is a different thing. 

I wish I'd been a little bit taller....

It has already been established that we all lurk on a forum full of midgets

state your size wee man and we shall judge if you are tall or short

Far from a midget. 5.11 and three quarters. One pesky quarter inch shy of 6 foot.

• Like 1

I guess my biggest regret is that I didn't have an idea of what I wanted to do career wise. As it happens I fell into banking and now make a decent living but I don't enjoy it. It's a means to an end. It pays for my holidays and a good standard living so I can't be too critical of it. However, if I had my time again I would have trained to be a pilot. If i'd have given it my all from a young age I Imagine i would be living a good life now.

Other regrets? Not many.. few women I wish i'd given more of a chance too and some I wish I hadn't!

Quite recently, probably a couple of years ago, I heard the Paul and Barry Ryan song of the same name for the first time. 

Fixed. 

I regret injuring my back one month into a carpentry apprenticeship...by the time I was able to work again, I was replaced.

I let a couple a good girls get away...it's only when you're older do you understand they don't just come on trees.

Had I really kept at baseball, I could have been quite good, but chasing tail and partying seemed more fun than practice. And it was, so wtf....

When I was 25 I was made redundant & given just under 14k in the same year we sold our house to move to the centre of Birmingham to rent. We made 20k on the house. So I had 34k in the bank and I wasted the lot on cars, going out and clothes. Whilst we had an amazing time I really wish I'd done something better with it like starting my own business. Its a tough one because I did enjoy myself but I think I may have missed a great opportunity to make life a bit easier now.

I regret not wearing a condom.

AND not following my best mate into the Police Cadets. He retired last year at 48 as an Inspector on a big fat pension.

OH and Belinda McAleenan.

When i lived with my grandmother her back garden lead onto a small forest. All the kids from the area played there and i had a crush on Belinda who was several years older than me.

One summers day we were playing the usual chasing game and Belinda ran into a make shift fort some of the other kids had made. Of course I was the one chasing her and we both found ourselves alone.

I said 'you're caught' and she replied 'no you're caught.'

Belinda then proceeded to start undoing the button of my shorts, pulled down my zip and dropped to her knees. Not knowing what the f**k she was doing i tried to run and tripped over my shorts which were around my ankles and fell head first into some thorn bush branches which were the walls of the fort.

Belinda ran off leaving me and my Y Fronts still caught in the bushes. Thankfully i had no long term damage done apart from not ever being able to look her straight in the face for weeks afterwards although to my knowledge she never told anyone and eventually Belinda and her family moved away from our area.

That was maybe 38 years ago.

Recently a new chemist opened in our town and i went in to have a look. I went up to the counter to pay for something and noted a lady with her back to me behind the counter. She turned around, we both looked at one another and then both of us burst out laughing. Yep it was my crush for all those years ago and my regret is that i now wish i had known what she was trying to do to me in the fort.

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 2

Quite recently, probably a couple of years ago, I heard the Paul and Barry Ryan song of the same name for the first time. 

Fixed. 

I knew you'd spot that.

And it was Barry Ryan solo - I've got the 45 on the MGM label

Â