Your biggest regret?

Ingram85

Looking back on your life so far have you done anything you regret doing? Not doing something you wish you had? Taking or leaving an opportunity that impacted your life? Job offers. Once in a lifetime experiences. Relationship stuff etc...

Mine would be breaking up with my ex of 5 years who I had a flat together with, I got scared as it was heading down the formulaic house, marraige, kids route which as a 24 year old terrified me and I panicked. Ironically, just 4 years later I can't wait to meet someone and do all that. Go figure.

I also had a chance to do a 4 month working holiday in Australia with free accommodation which I now wish I'd taken.

Sadly I do indeed, I had the offer of an amazing apprenticeship when I was a teenager, the guy who took it when I turned it down is now living in Dubai and pulling in a sweet, sweet salary. Not saying I would be in the exact same position as him now but I'd have been considerably better off now with that skillset then the one I've got.

But no, like a fool I thought I'd be better off staying in school and going to college and getting a shitty degree. Now here I am, stuck in a crappy job with low pay saving my pennies so I  can get out of this shithole country and emigrate to the new world.

by and large I don't look back at anything and wish things were different , I'm more a fate sorta person and what will be will be

if I was really pushed then when I was around  12 - 14 I was a fairly decent runner ,I  had county records at 800m and Cross country as well as school records for 100m & 200m

I wish someone had got hold of me and got me down a local Athletics club .... made me choose a distance ( you don't get many sprinter long distance runners :) )  and trained me for it and I'd stuck with it ... Would I have been a gold medal contender ? .. probably not , but I'll never know

But as a I say Fate took another hand and when I was 15 I started going to Villa and got introduced to Beer (and smoking briefly) and the running suffered  ...  I became close mates with a fellow London supporter who I still go travelling with now ... had I not met him and gone travelling with him way back in 1999 I wouldn't have met my now wife and maybe wouldn't have 2 children who I adore

so I'm happy with the way events went

So even my regrets I look back on and think I'd have regretted that :D

I regret not going to Rotterdam in '82.

Nothing else comes close.

Same here. Although something else does come close - a missed opportunity with a girl I REALLY fancied when I was at University.

by and large I don't look back at anything and wish things were different , I'm more a fate sorta person and what will be will be

if I was really pushed then when I was around  12 - 14 I was a fairly decent runner ,I  had county records at 800m and Cross country as well as school records for 100m & 200m

I wish someone had got hold of me and got me down a local Athletics club .... made me choose a distance ( you don't get many sprinter long distance runners :) )  and trained me for it and I'd stuck with it ... Would I have been a gold medal contender ? .. probably not , but I'll never know

Must admit, I wish I'd taken the running more seriously earlier. Unlike you I was actually shit at it at school, but I did the 2nd (1982) London Marathon when I was 28. I kinda wish I'd joined a running club at that stage, but instead I got married, had kids, and didn't really run again till I turned 50. I'm faster than many of my clubmates of similar age, but then they were much faster when they were in their 30s, so I feel I missed my peak age. On the other hand, many of them have trashed knees. I have other injury issues, but my knees are OK, probably due to having had less hammer over the years, so hey ho.

I've been with my partner for 11 years, married for 5 of them. About 6 months after getting together her mum was setting up home with her new fella. They were buying a house together and he put his small place on the market. He offered it to us first. Said for us he could afford to let it go for £65k (small 2 bed semi). We decided against it. The person that bought it stuck it back on the market 18 months later for £110k. That still hurts :-(

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

I get the feeling some of you perps haven't fully grasped the concept of this topic, don't make me start kicking ass like a cold sun'bitch

Â