Z4... girl car, boys car, either?

PieFacE

42 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Z4 a girl, boy, or unisex car?

• Car for a lady
    • Car for a man
    • Car for anyone

Drove the brz all weekend, mostly highway, but some twists, it is a lovely balanced and purists car, but after having the evo, I just think it needs more power, word is a sti version with 50hp extra is coming. It's a gorgeous car and I get people chatting to me all the time about it.

They're intentionally that quick (or slow) and have intentionally skinny tyres so as to give a limited amount of grip allowing you to slide around corners. As you say, it's a purist's car rather than a brute force sledgehammer.

Drove the brz all weekend, mostly highway, but some twists, it is a lovely balanced and purists car, but after having the evo, I just think it needs more power, word is a sti version with 50hp extra is coming. It's a gorgeous car and I get people chatting to me all the time about it.

They're intentionally that quick (or slow) and have intentionally skinny tyres so as to give a limited amount of grip allowing you to slide around corners. As you say, it's a purist's car rather than a brute force sledgehammer.

Sliding around is pretty fun and there is zip, but bloody hell do you have to rev the bollocks off it! Suppose that's what it's made of tho.

Sliding around is pretty fun and there is zip, but bloody hell do you have to rev the bollocks off it! Suppose that's what it's made of tho.

8718405556_c635a280c8_z.jpg

you want pace, revs and slidey tokyo drift style cornering....check out this mofo!

On a slightly more serious note, it does give you quite a lot of exciting times. 1967 / 68 mkIII with the big 1.3 block! Corners and braking are a bit of a lottery. There's sufficient power to pull the skin off a semi set rice pudding. Being sat down at lorry wheel nut height tend to make you very observant of what's going on around you. It'll only wind up to about 60mph and that takes most of the day, but due to saggy static belts, doors that have their own unique sense of fun and general scariness it feels much faster. 

Sadly, this picture doesn't tell the whole story, last time I was out we had a teensy weensy little fire. I noticed it bellowing smoke, pulled over jumped out and then realised I could either stand there and watch it burn into the gutter, or jump back in, drive the last few hundred metres home and have a chance of putting it out. So, on the phone to missus crispy, soak some towels I'm coming home in a blaze of glory!

• Like 1

I drive a Ford Escape, which is probably considered more of a woman's car. But I got such a good deal on it, I was willing to put my manhood into question. Beats the hell out of the VW and BMW I drove before, both of which caused me fits and were money vacuums.

Ford make good vehicles.

The Escape?

280px-2013_Ford_Escape_SE_--_07-11-2012.

It's basically the American market version of the Kuga (sold as the Escape because the Escape brand predates the Kuga by about a decade and Ford, to an even greater extent than GM and Chrysler, has historically run Europe and NA as completely separate companies with rare exceptions (the Merkurs in the 80s (based on the Sierra and Scorpio/Granada), the Contour/Mercury Mystique (based on the Mondeo), and the original NA market Focus being the main ones)).

• 2 weeks later...

The Escape?

280px-2013_Ford_Escape_SE_--_07-11-2012.

It's basically the American market version of the Kuga (sold as the Escape because the Escape brand predates the Kuga by about a decade and Ford, to an even greater extent than GM and Chrysler, has historically run Europe and NA as completely separate companies with rare exceptions (the Merkurs in the 80s (based on the Sierra and Scorpio/Granada), the Contour/Mercury Mystique (based on the Mondeo), and the original NA market Focus being the main ones)).

Wasnt the Ford Probe sold in both Europe and the US? ( I cant be arsed to google it)

Edited by stuart_75

I've been thinking about getting an SLK.  I like the new shape.  Looks a lot more look a proper Mercedes.

Bet then I don't know whether to try to make the stretch for a Boxster.

<sigh>

Haven't you just bought one of those Alfa Romeo things?  It can't have rusted into nothingness already?!

• Like 1

I've been thinking about getting an SLK.  I like the new shape.  Looks a lot more look a proper Mercedes.

Bet then I don't know whether to try to make the stretch for a Boxster.

<sigh>

Haven't you just bought one of those Alfa Romeo things?  It can't have rusted into nothingness already?!

Turns out I get bored easily.

Unsurprisingly I've had a few "challenges" with the electrics - the bluetooth and iPod connector have had to be looked at about 3 times now.  Oh, and they had to fit a new clutch.

As excited as I was when I first bought it, and for the first 6 months or so, I'm now on the list of Alf owners who wished I'd never bothered.

I'm wondering whether I've got any grounds to just hand it back.  I can't do a voluntary termination until next year but I've had it 18 months and it's "been in" 5 times.

• 2 weeks later...

Now just to keep it clean Dom :)

Not too bad in summer/fall/spring but in winter when I'm bombing around the outside of our soccer pitch which is a mid bath may be a bitch. Might give it the rugged look though.

So far. Glad I took the decals off.

2vcta2e.jpg

Vs

8zh0za.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well every Z4 I have seen since making this thread has been driven by a girl... so yeah! 

Anyway, I decided to pay a bit less, and I got myself a 2008 Civic instead. Cheers for advice all!

Â