Z4... girl car, boys car, either?

PieFacE

42 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Z4 a girl, boy, or unisex car?

• Car for a lady
    • Car for a man
    • Car for anyone

Was hoping I could get some advice and opinions from you all.

I'm in the market to buy a new car, and I've been looking at BMW 1 Series cars for a looong time now and wanted one. Though, when discussing it with people in the pub, they informed me I should get a sports car. Mainly because, I'm 25, I'm single, no kids, and it could be my last chance in a long while to own a sports car.

So I started looking at BMW Z4's. Whilst I do rather like the car, I can't help but feel it's a little.... "girly".

So I was hoping for a general opinion by the VT genius's which you all are. 

I'd also like to state I know absolutely nothing about cars, so if anyone has any feedback on the car that would be cool.

Edited by limpid

any convertible is a girl's car imo

and people that drive convertibles also piss me off , temperature goes above 3 degree's and they drive around with the roof down looking all smug

• Like 1

Didn't vote.

But if there was an option "Car for a word removed", I'd click that one.

Why? Would you really judge someone by the car they drive?  :blink:

where have you been hiding  .. this is VT where you are judged on the music you listen to , where you put your commas and the car you drive

• Like 2

Didn't vote.

Put it this way. I personally wouldn't ever buy a BMW. Not because there's anything wrong with them as cars, but because there's a certain reputation that comes with driving a BMW, and that reputation is being a word removed.

Obviously, I'm not saying that most people who drive BMWs are words removed. Far from it. But it does seem that most words removed drive BMWs.

Didn't vote.

Put it this way. I personally wouldn't ever buy a BMW. Not because there's anything wrong with them as cars, but because there's a certain reputation that comes with driving a BMW, and that reputation is being a word removed.

Obviously, I'm not saying that most people who drive BMWs are words removed. Far from it. But it does seem that most words removed drive BMWs.

That's fair enough. You're very much entitled to that opinion. Though, it's the wrong opinion  :D

any convertible is a girl's car imo

and people that drive convertibles also piss me off , temperature goes above 3 degree's and they drive around with the roof down looking all smug

This, a million times.

If you made a venn diagram of flashy show offs against people who drive convertables then you'd be left with just the single circle.

I would also say that, putting my BMW = Word Removed opinion aside, there's better sports cars you could buy than a Z4, for the same sort of money

Ooooh what do you think? I'm open to ideas!

Well I'm not really a car nut so others might have better suggestions.

But I guess it depends what you want to spend. A half decent Z4, you're looking at what...£15k at least?

You could get a very decent S2000 for that

280px-HondaS2000-007.jpg

or a Porsche Boxster

Porsche-Boxster.jpg

or something a bit different, a AR Brera

alfa-romeo-brera-2008.jpg

I'm yet to even find a Bavarian Muck Wagon that I think looks good. And a good proportion of them are driven by absolute tossers, though the percentage is on the decrease as many tossers have switched to Audi

• Like 3

I'm yet to even find a Bavarian Muck Wagon that I think looks good. And a good proportion of them are driven by absolute tossers, though the percentage is on the decrease as many tossers have switched to Audi

:rant:

• Like 1

Â