Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

We probably shouldn't expect a similar performance to Sunderland though. Not this season. We have been hot and then straight back to cold again a week later all season. I'm a little worried it will happen again. Until we get some consistency which I am hoping will be next season, then our games are going to simply be impossible to predict. At the moment, I just don't know what we are gonna get.

Praying for another win though, so much weight will be lifted of my shoulders. Weird that football can affect you so much isn't it?

Edited by Tayls

We're again at the same place as we were just after the Liverpool match some time before Christmas. Having just won 4-1 over Norwicv and 1-3 at Anfield quite a few of us hoped this was the fabled turning point in the season. Finally we had clicked and found the key to play some nice footie, giving it a proper go and win comprehensively. We all know how that went - 8-0, then 3-0 and 4-0, a shattered goal difference as well as this fan's confidence.

And now we're here again. We've played some really good football, showed plenty of balls and, we have scored the goals that should (but not always do) accompany these kinds of performances.We're on the up, as they say. So, have we learnt? Is Lambert able to get the guys properly focused this time?

Almost sorry to say (jinx warning!), but I think YES. This season is all about players and manager learning, about cooperation, making each other good, what works and what doesn't and I think they've come quite a long way since that (hopefully not so fatal) match against Chelsea.

Norwich will be well up for it, but we'll still win comfortably. 0-2.

People keep saying that we beat Liverpool then got smashed the game after.

This is different.

1) We had Chelsea next, not Norwich

2) We were lucky in the first 20 mins of the Liverpool game. We comprehensively beat Sunderland

Still think we will get the three points but Norwich are no mugs at home, they have a good record at Carrow Road. With it looking like one or both of Bassong and Turner will be out/playing not fully fit I think that is what will tip it in our favour.

While understandable I don't think comparisons to the Liverpool aftermath are particularly fair either. We have been in pretty decent form for the past few months, Monday night just saw us step it up to another level.

Edited by flamingsombrero

Like I said pre Sunderland, set up correct and play intense pressure and counter attack and we will be fine

What we need is the high octane workrate though for the full 90 +

Yes I agree and we should be able to outwork most teams having such a young side. We need to keep the formation fluid, that was the big difference for me in the Sunderland game. Sylla and Delph were fairly free to roam, the full-backs were free to push on when opportunity allowed, Gabby and Weimann were changing positions. Maybe it was just a confidence thing but that's what I'd like to see going forward. 

Have to play the same XI as Monday

Norwich 1-2 Villa

Benteke, Delph to score unexpectedly

Yeah we can not change the team. We've just won 6-1. They've just gone 90 minutes without a single shot on target against Stoke.

Norwich to win 6-1 with Benteke scoring 3 og's!

Deoends if anyone in the Norwich side realises they are actually allowed to shoot at the oppositions goal. If Norwich are to score it will probably come from a defender in a set-piece. How well will the Villa defence cope with Holt AND Kamara bullying them?

I expect PL to rotate the line-up 'cos it's what he does - as soon as 11 players seem to gel he swaps it about for, so I'm told, "tactical reasons". It's an interesting match this one and a win would put either team on a good footing towards guatanteed safety, it also has a bit of needle from the Norwich perspective because of the PL history. I'm looking forward to it - even though I'm a Scouser I've gorra ticket (all legal like) and I'm not bunking in!!!