Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Just hope we keep out feet on the ground and work our socks off again. Hughton was there last night, hopefully he shit his pants driving home on the A14.

Anyway same team and let's play lovely counter attack again.

Norfolk police have just confirmed that they have indeed found a pair of suspicious yellow green & BROWN stained boxer shorts that were discarded on the A14 towards Norwich on monday night. Forensic Analysis confirmed that the unfortunate owner had become extremely distressed & disturbed by watching a colossus called Benteke somewhere in the vicinity of B6!

Can all witnesses come forward & contact Norfolk Constabulary on freefone pc plod 999 with any relevant information so that the owner can be reunited & reaquainted with his property.

NB** A reward  of a pkt of budgie seed & a free tractor is on offer, ;)

• Like 1

I think we'll win this. 

A draw would be ok though. GD would be unaffected and it would extend the gap to 6 points to Wigan excluding their game. So even if they win theirs they're still a win plus GD behind us. So 3 and a half points effectively.

If Wigan lose and we win or draw we're as good as safe, imo.

I said before the Sunderland game I felt we'd win this, that display should have made me 10X more confident, though for some reason I'm not. Think it's just with it being Villa I'm weary of being brought down with a bang.

We have the better team though and better form, and will be backed by 2 1/2 thousand noisy fans. I'll go 2-1 Villa.

I hope they have learned from the fiasco after that Liverpool game that we need to be on our toes. It's all good being confident (rightly so) but we'll have work hard to get all three points on Saturday. Norwich have a good home record as well.

But I think we have learned from our past mistakes and we'll get the three points. A draw is a good result as well. Nice to be going into a game without too much pressure on us.

I think we'll win this.

A draw would be ok though. GD would be unaffected and it would extend the gap to 6 points to Wigan excluding their game. So even if they win theirs they're still a win plus GD behind us. So 3 and a half points effectively.

If Wigan lose and we win or draw we're as good as safe, imo.

The GD is so tight that it shouldn't really be viewed as a half point cushion. After all, in your Norwich-draw scenario, Wigan would implicitly close the GD gap if they were to close the actual points gap. Still in our hands, of course, but no way we should think the GD is a cushion.

I was wary of the Sunderland game but always had this as a win. Like another poster has said, I feel *less* confident now, oddly, as expectations have changed but I'd like to think we can still see it through. Knowing a win will (more or less) make us safe is such a better perspective for the players than thinking a loss would kill us.

2-0 Villa (last chance for a clean sheet IMHO)

Too many confident people on this thread for my liking.

Way too confident.

Anything other than a defeat please,  but I still think we may just lose this.

Looking to Wet spam and the Boggies to win please

Way too confident.

This thread is starting to sound a bit like what we were told the Sunderland board was like prior to Monday's game...

But fans being confident and the players being over confident are two different things - we need to stay disciplined and try get the job done. Hopefully stay tight for opening 30 mins then try to counter attack

Edited by roonst83

I agree with Richard. Obviously the squad will be buzzing at the moment and I imagine, really looking forward to the game but I really hope Lambert keeps their feet on the ground because let's not forget, we still have the worst defence in the world and could easily take a battering here if not properly prepared. I don't see why we can't win this game though, would be absolutely fantastic if we did, although a draw wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Way too confident.

Yes me too we don't want to jinx them. Norwich have a decent home record so we can't take anything for granted. If we play with the same passion as we did against Sunderland then we'll be ok.

can i point out that we are very much in form at the moment after winning all of our key games that really mattered this calendar year. We just spanked a team 6-1 that had just won 2 games without conceding and only conceded 2 goals in the previous game due to deflections against Chelsea. They just played shit enough to lose to Stoke and what's more, couldn't even score against Stoke. This isn't a must-win, but it is a should-win, and it is at a time where the current XI need to prove they are good enough to stay in the top flight next year. They've all come from lower divisions, they don't want to go back there and they don't want to be sat in the reserves either

Not sure about this one... Could so easily go either way, or be a draw. Literally no idea what to expect.

Norwich have never looked like going down, despite playing quite poorly of late. Yet they are still around where we currently are. They are a confident side, good camaraderie, just lack a few goals and a bit of quality. They have conceded a few again this season so shouldn't be too tough to score one or two. We are good away from home and full of confidence at the moment too.

Conclusion - hope Wigan balls up.

I dunno, a couple of weeks ago I just felt very confident about these two games (Sunderland & Norwich). And usually I'm never feeling confident. I'm just so sure we're going to win. We just have too. I think we will score a fair few goals again too.... 3-1 to us.  Specially if Turner is out for the game. 

Edited by PieFacE