Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Let's not get carried away, yes, last night was fantastic, but Norwich will still be a tough proposition and we could easily be brought back down to Earth with a bump, this is the Villa we're talking about after all...

With regard to team selection, how can you drop anyone from a team that put in a performance like that last night?

I agree with the "this is Villa" comment and we are more than capable of ballsing things up after a mighty performance.

But then the players will know that if they win this one, we are almost definitely safe. Same team please and same result!

For me its clear that our best chance of beating any teams around us is with a three man midfield. We showed against Reading and QPR that we have the ability to win two on the bounce and its no coincidence that we had a three man midfield for both of those games. Norwich will be a stern test for sure - their crowd will be on Lambert's back all game no doubt. But like at Stoke if we can keep them at bay for the opening half hour etc then their crowd may get restless and nervous.

This will be close for sure and people like Hoolahan, Holt, Snodgrass can all hurt us if we let them.

Keep the same team and formation as last night, for me.

Edited by roonst83

But then the players will know that if they win this one, we are almost definitely safe. 

That's the key from me.

It's gone from "Lose this and we're ****!"

to "Win this and we're safe"

Hopefully motivating as opposed to piling on the pressure.

A clean sheet? Maybe?

Norwich are struggling to score, weimann has scored the same amount as goals as the entire norwich forward line this season. They have scored just 6 in the last 8 games, stoke beat them last week and we know how shite stoke are,all signs point to a villa win AND a clean sheet, so ill confidently predict a 3-0 defeat and grant holt to bang all of them in.

Bassong is touch and go, turner 99% out too

Norwich have the worst side quality wise in the 5 team (Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich, us and Wigan) relegation battle. Can see us running riot with our front 3 in all honesty. There best player (Ruddy) is out injured and Holt is shit this season, unchanged team 3-1 Villa :)

Just hope we keep out feet on the ground and work our socks off again. Hughton was there last night, hopefully he shit his pants driving home on the A14.

Anyway same team and let's play lovely counter attack again.

I was very guarded in my prediction against Sunderland and as already stated by other posters we have the potential to f*ck this one up after such a brilliant performance but we must and will go for the throat again so hopefully a comfortable win to all but secure our Premiership status for next season.

This match has DRAW written all-over-it, Norwich have had some good results from home games 1-0 against Man UTD and 1-0 Against Arsenal (OK!it was last year) But i still think we might just scrap it out a nick a win 2-1 to Villa, as for the team selection? Who knows, Lambert has been so unpredictable at times and may well change the line up (i have faith that if he does it will be for the right reasons after all he knows Norwich better than anyone else). If Sylla starts i will have a cheecky bet on him scoring a goal.

I thought we would beat Sunderland but even before that game I was more confident about this one out of the two. As always we are going to need a bit of luck on our side but the simple fact is we ARE better than they are. I will also go out on a limb and predict a clean sheet for this one although there will certainly be more than a few scares along the way.  Lambert keeping the teams feet on the ground is the key, need to make sure they are well up for another scrap. Looking at the forums the Norwich fans seem nervous and both Turner and Bassong appear to be doubts which is a plus.

2 - nil Villa

followed by a one all draw with Chelsea and a 3-1 defeat at Wigan. Safe.

Edited by flamingsombrero

Don't want to get too carried away but Norwich must be shiting themselves a little with Benteke and Co coming at them. They do have some decent players themselves but I feel an away day special maybe on the cards! Slightly surprised we are 2/1 to win this given our showing last night...not even sure Norwich should be faves even with home advantage.