• Lowton
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bent (on for Benteke 79)

great performance against a team who looked surprisingly shit, Johnson Larson and sessegnon all looked poor which meant graham looked even worse

however

for once we looked good going forwards, had a little bit of luck for once, had some great finishing for some of the goals and ripped the sh1t out of them

guzan 8

lowton 9

baker 7

vlaar 8 ( he gets an extra point for his goal)

Bennett 6

westwood 8

delph 8

sylla 8 ( would have got a 9 if he had managed to pass the ball forwards instead of break up several forward moves)

gabby 8 worked harder in the second half, the ball didn't run for him tonight, poor decisions and bad touches but took his goal well and also involved in other goals

weiman 8 like gabby, unlucky with 4 or 5 shots which on another day would go in, great goal

benteke 9 greedy mofo, don't you just love him, marked out of the game first half but still manages a hatrick.. beast

crowd - 10

and breath

Benett 6?

That was unbelievable.  Just astonishing.  6-1, Sessegnon banned for the run-in, Gabby missed a sitter, Weimann had one off the line and we should've had a penalty for Cuellar's handball from the corner.

Speaking of which - Cuellar doesn't look so good now I've not got my claret and blue glasses on.  £8m?!

Guzan - Reliable as always. Great save at the end on the line shows that he is always aware.

Bennett - Best game in a Villa shirt. Made some cracking runs and overlaps.

Lowton - Incredible. How many interceptiosn did he get? 6 or 7 maybe? Utterly brilliant.

Vlaar - What a goal. A rock in our defence. Really happy for him.

Baker - Solid. I love his mobility and his steadfastness.

Delph - He's growing in to the team. Less mistakes and he works tirelessly.

Westwood - The metronome in our midfield. Keeps us ticking over nicely and always offering himself for a pass.

Sylla - Love this guy's stamina. His running style makes him look like he's not putting effort in but he closes down a lot and made some nice one touch passes.

Gabby - Incredible work rate. Incredible. Well deserving of a goal.

Andi - Sensational first touch and execution for his goal. Deserved two after starting off rather quietly.

Benteke - What can you say. This guy is a Villa legend already. Astonishing performance. The number of balls he held up was fantastic.

Bent - Only on for a short time but did well.

That's the best perfomance I've seen under Lambert. In the spotlight in one of the most important matches of the season. I am gobsmacked. A hint of things to come in the future one hopes.

One final note. The crowd was spectacular tonight. Was listening on the radio and I haven't heard Villa Park like that in a long time. Great work to everyone who went.

When Sunderland scored, DiCanio turned to the Trinity and held his arms wide, as if to say it was all because of his influence that they tied the game. 

Now then Paulo, is it also because of your influence that your team just got steamrolled by a team full of kids?

F*ck off, if you're lucky maybe QPR will hire you next year.

Got to say Lowton looked absolutely world class tonight and fully deserving my MOTM. Weimanns goal was exceptional and, of course, Benteke is swiftly becoming unplayable against. Superb hat trick!

Big pat on the back for Sylla as well. He's come from nowhere, makes the odd mistake through nerves, but he was integral to the win tonight. He does need to use his grey matter a bit more when moving forward, but I think we might see a more mature Sylla next season.

Great 3 points! Best I've felt being a Villa fan for ages.

• Like 1

Incredible result!

Had to go and play 6 aside so missed the second half. What a **** second half to miss!! 

Can't believe it. Mate told me it had finished 6-1 and I point blank refused to believe him.

Finally, Di Canio, shut the **** up.

Oh and from what I saw, just the first half, Lowton was absolutely exceptional.

Â