'Stop Script'

Genie

Question

Anyone else having this problem? I had it Friday at work, over the weekend at home and still remains today.

When I change page, 9 times out of 10 it locks up, freezes and eventually displays the message below. I hit yes, sometimes it frees it up until I change page. Sometimes it stays frozen until the message pops up a second time.

i54xw.jpg

Okay, omariq has confirmed that for him the problem was one of the adverts. I suspect that his employers have blocked a site used by one of the scripts and Internet Exploder (as usual) doesn't handle it very well.

If anyone else gets this, please use another browser. If that's not possible, please post here (mention your OS/browser) and I'll try and track down which advert it is.

thanks

Still driving me nuts in IE but unlike omariq it happens on 2 laptops, 2 different OS, both at home and work.

To test the theory are you able to enable the ad free theme for say 48 hours so I could see if it resolves the problem?

I was getting this when using the site with IE, it was infuriating and locked my computer completely up but I assumed it was something to do with the flash ads taking up a huge amount of memory. I stopped using IE and now use Firefox, and this site runs perfectly.

I've checked the stats and there is no noticeable drop off visitors or length of visits from IR users. I guess this is something that only affects a small number of users. With it being Windows, I wouldn't know how to start investigating.

I keep a log of when I make changes to the site. In case it's something I've done, can you tell me approximately when it started happening for any of you?

And again, if anyone else is seeing this, please say something.

Probably about two weeks ago. There is a script/dialogue box in the bottom left corner that says "transferring data from" and on some of those URLs (I assume its adware for the flash ads) sometimes the process freezes. On Firefox this has no effect, but in IE it just completely locks up the browser. I just stopped using IE for this site after that. IE is crap anyway.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I didn't make any changes around then, so you are almost certainly correct; it'll be some advertising. Does it tell you anything about which site / URL / file is causing the problem?

Out of interest, what AV and abti-malware do the affected people use?

Â