'Stop Script'

Genie

Question

Anyone else having this problem? I had it Friday at work, over the weekend at home and still remains today.

When I change page, 9 times out of 10 it locks up, freezes and eventually displays the message below. I hit yes, sometimes it frees it up until I change page. Sometimes it stays frozen until the message pops up a second time.

i54xw.jpg

Yes, only getting it on VT. Its actually just popped up about 4 times just trying to load this page. I keep having to say yes to stop script to progess. 

I've just had a 5 mins bomb around the site using Chrome and it seems to be loading fine. Just IE causing problems. FYI currently using XP and at home W7.

If it's fine with another browser, then I have to assume it's something with your IE.

Please clear your cache (temporary internet files).

Does IE have a private browsing mode? Does it happen in that? That should disable any add-ons that you have installed.

Can anyone else reading this getting the same please make yourselves known?

Only just come back on the site (I do have to do some work!) and for the last 5 mins or so it seems to be ok again. Before it was happening at least once on every page change. Now ok... I'll report it if happens again/ stays fixed.

Still doing it, different laptop, different OS (W7), different browser (IE9) different internet connection. (cookies cleared btw, I have it set to delete on exit anyway).

The message in IE9 is slightly different, complains of a 'long running script'.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Please do this: clear your cache (temporary internet files)

Please do this: use a different browser. A different version of the same browser is not a different browser.

If you have installed any extensions in your browser, disable them.

Cleared all cookies, cache and temporary internet files from IE and it made no difference at all.

Blasting around the site now (back on XP) in Chrome without any issues at all.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

There's not really much I can do. It appears to only be affecting you. It only affects you in IE. There are so many things that it could be that I can't really recommend a way forward (other than to keep using Chrome). Sorry.

Have you changed anything else? Router settings, firewall settings etc?

Â