UKIP Nutters

bickster

UKIP membership drive to include free golliwog
01-05-13

THE UK Independence Party has launched a membership drive offering a traditional British golliwog to anyone who joins by the end of May.

goll250.jpg

Farage insists it ‘looks nothing like a coloured person’

The ‘welcome pack’ also includes a multi-region DVD player or a ‘Parker-style’ pen.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage said: “The golliwog reminds us what we are fighting for. Plus, it’s very cheerful.

“Show everyone how mainstream your opinions are by strapping it to the bonnet of your car or nailing it to your front door.”

New member Martin Bishop, from Stevenage, said: “It shows that UKIP is a modern party that’s actually very relaxed about the issue of race.

“I’m going to post mine to Zimbabwe with £500 of relocation money.”

Meanwhile, Farage is this week campaigning in the local elections alongside a party volunteer in a full-size golliwog costume.

UKIP has set up stalls in high streets and shopping centres across southern England where members of the public can have their photo taken with Farage and his ‘mascot’.

The party leader also tours housing estates where he waits for voters to answer the door before pointing at the golliwog and shouting: “How can anyone find this offensive?”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ukip-membership-drive-to-include-free-golliwog-2013050167224

I'd say at least 10% of people I know are racist, people through work and even members of my own family make some racist comments pretty regularly. At work, customers I deal with everyday, say some outright overtly racist stuff.

This doesn't mean it should be accepted and not rallied against. And certainly not rallied against when coming from a political party.

Yes there's an undercurrent of racism. People don't come out and express their views any more but its there. I haven't read all the posts in this thread. But are people saying the UKIP are a racist party. I know they are at the extreme right side of conservatism but they are not the bnp.

I'd say at least 10% of people I know are racist, people through work and even members of my own family make some racist comments pretty regularly. At work, customers I deal with everyday, say some outright overtly racist stuff.

This doesn't mean it should be accepted and not rallied against. And certainly not rallied against when coming from a political party.

Yes there's an undercurrent of racism. People don't come out and express their views any more but its there. I haven't read all the posts in this thread. But are people saying the UKIP are a racist party. I know they are at the extreme right side of conservatism but they are not the bnp.

This thread is mainly about 'outing' the UKIP nutjob candidates at local and national level. Of which, there appear to be plenty, so lots of fun to be had.

They're more dangerous than the BNP, precisely because they sell themselves as being a supposedly more sensible/moderate party.

• Like 1

I know a few people who were planning on voting UKIP, purely down to their immigration policy.

I pointed out to one of my mates that as a keen cyclist, he might want to have a look at the UKIP proposals re cyclists (ie Viewing cyclists as people who steal road space from those who pay for it and proposing a 'road tax style' cycle disc that you have to pay for).  This has now made him think twice. 

It's the little gems like this hidden away that people just aren't aware of, and why they will win quite a few votes, because people just don't look at the bigger picture, just the big headline.

Well I may hate their xenophobia, but having heard that cycle proposal I'm warming to them...  :P

same as that

That cycle proposal is a vote winner  , unless some party comes up with a proposal that it's ok to mow cyclists down .. and reverse over them as well if they are dressed in full Tour De Frog kit

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who chooses UKIP over the UK Libertarians is racist, or at minimum highly xenophobic.

(I daresay that I am in greater agreement with the LPUK than I am with the US LP...)

Yes.  The idea of Ukip having anything to do with libertarianism is a joke.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who chooses UKIP over the UK Libertarians is racist, or at minimum highly xenophobic.

(I daresay that I am in greater agreement with the LPUK than I am with the US LP...)

Well, having never heard of this UK Libertarian you can sign me up as a UKIP supporting racist. I'm staggered that a man of your intellect would make such a leap, but fair enough. That the left wing colleagues on here are getting their recycled fair trade skiddies in a twist is no surprise, but I'd say this: If you are genuinely an opponent of free nation state democracy then you are not who I thought you were - or who you purport to be - in a bollitical sense.

UKIP membership drive to include free golliwog
01-05-13

THE UK Independence Party has launched a membership drive offering a traditional British golliwog to anyone who joins by the end of May.

goll250.jpg

Farage insists it ‘looks nothing like a coloured person’

The ‘welcome pack’ also includes a multi-region DVD player or a ‘Parker-style’ pen.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage said: “The golliwog reminds us what we are fighting for. Plus, it’s very cheerful.

“Show everyone how mainstream your opinions are by strapping it to the bonnet of your car or nailing it to your front door.”

New member Martin Bishop, from Stevenage, said: “It shows that UKIP is a modern party that’s actually very relaxed about the issue of race.

“I’m going to post mine to Zimbabwe with £500 of relocation money.”

Meanwhile, Farage is this week campaigning in the local elections alongside a party volunteer in a full-size golliwog costume.

UKIP has set up stalls in high streets and shopping centres across southern England where members of the public can have their photo taken with Farage and his ‘mascot’.

The party leader also tours housing estates where he waits for voters to answer the door before pointing at the golliwog and shouting: “How can anyone find this offensive?”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ukip-membership-drive-to-include-free-golliwog-2013050167224

pmsl

I'm pissed off with consecutive governments of both parties being shite, and would definitely give someone new a go. Even UK Independence.

And I hate politics. And I'm not a racist.

I'm pissed off with consecutive governments of both parties being shite, and would definitely give someone new a go. Even UK Independence.

And I hate politics. And I'm not a racist.

Why not The Green Party? They're just as hopeless but without the racism.

The UKIP of, say, 5 years ago would have been the party to rival the LibDems in terms of party I most agree with (had I been a UK citizen and voting in a hypothetical 2008 general election, my preference would have gone roughly: 1. LibDem (Orange Book), 2. UKIP, 9. LibDem (SDP), 10. Tory, 11. Green, 20. Labour, 250. Respect). The UKIP of that period was Euroscepticism with a marginally more free-market than Tory economics: I could live with that; my general view of the EU is similar to my view of the unelected HoL and the monarchy: far from optimal, but absent substantial constitutional reform, necessary to at least theoretically prevent tyranny by the plurality (and the EU probably does a better job of that then do the others). I don't have a great deal of regard for democracy, per se: I care about liberty (especially of the negative variety) and the rule of law: I don't think, Awol, that I've ever implied otherwise; I remember a discussion about that time with Michelsen where he was shocked that, given the choice between a dictatorship that respected civil and economic liberties and maintained the rule of law (setting aside the question of whether such is possible; it's fairly clear that Pinochet didn't qualify on that count) and a democracy that didn't do a particularly good job of those, I'd take the dictatorship.

But I digress. Since then, UKIP has basically become the BNP in suits (quoting a fellow I know who was a UKIP activist until 2010).

Comparing the UKIP immigration policy to the LPUK policy is instructive. Both advocate going to a points-based system. UKIP seem to view that as an end in and of itself, LPUK views it as a transitional step while the welfare state is dismantled to unrestricted immigration. The first demonizes immigrants: it's not far off from the standard BNP promise that when the foreigners are kicked out, there will be more social welfare benefits for "real" (read: white) Britons. The second views the welfare state as the problem and increasing (by whatever means) the number of people getting social welfare benefits as making the problem worse (conversely, accepting immigrants who aren't getting social welfare benefits is a solution to the problem, especially if they're inclined to vote for further dismantling of the welfare state). One is xenophobic, if not racist; the other strives to treat people equally regardless of whether they're native or immigrant, even though, at least in the immediate term, they advocate the same thing.

Â