Sign in to follow this  
Houlston

I have a confession to make.....

Weirdly enough when I'm kept busy and stressed out, I'm too occupied to be anxious. It's when I have extended periods of downtime I start to get anxious.

Having counselling soon to deal with it so hopefully it won't be an issue much longer! Having my early 20's dip!

I suffered with a deep depression and anxiety episode at the end of 2007 and beginning of 2008.  Counselling will help with it, so long as you pro-actively want to recover too.

I'm sure you'll beat it, but if ever you want someone (relatively) anonymous to turn to just drop me a PM.

Cheers bud. People been incredible on here since I posted about my troubles.

It just shows that there is hope for the human race when people can drop jokes, insults, vendettas instantly to really merge together in a moment of trouble. The recent posts in General Chat are testament to that.

• Like 1

Counselling will help with it, so long as you pro-actively want to recover too.

And so long as you know what you want out of it.

That's equally true.  It's not a miracle cure - you need an end in mind.

Stefan - ultimately we're all guys (and gals) in it together.  It's Villa that brought us all here, and it's that which pushes us apart too, but regardless of our opinions we must have a basic level of empathy for each other purely from being Villans.

Apols all - I'm a bit pissed and emotional here.

That's equally true.  It's not a miracle cure - you need an end in mind.

that's true, you (probably ) don't want to be locked in a cycle of therapy for years and years.. I started counselling recently, and part of the early reflections have been on the end goal. I know what I hope / want to get from it so hope it can be of use, though I do remind myself there's no magic bullet cure all approach etc. But for me, just turning up for the first session was a huge burden lifter. Dunno if that sounds a bit cliched, but the old first step and all that. Good luck Stefan.. 

• Like 2

Not yet!  Wine for now.  It's a massive thing for someone to declare they're suffering with anxiety or depression, let alone in a public forum.  There are a few folks on VT who helped me massively when I was absolutely kippered.  We're a good bunch on the whole really.

• Like 4

I was going to make a joke about your corrections in the OptaJoe thread but I thought I'd be nice... ;)

Not yet!  Wine for now.  It's a massive thing for someone to declare they're suffering with anxiety or depression, let alone in a public forum.  There are a few folks on VT who helped me massively when I was absolutely kippered.  We're a good bunch on the whole really.

Oh yeah. I've dealt with my own demons in that very field. It's so tough talking about it. Easier on here though because no face-to-face interaction but people still know you.

No this is missing Rugeley Villa.

I give it a go;  I once told a girl I love her but I didn't mean it...

It's part of me at the moment whether I like it or not just don't feel like there should be a stigma attached to it. Why should it be any different than saying 'I have a migraine'. To be honest I find it more awkward for the other person rather than myself if I discuss it, so I choose not to for that reason.

It doesn't affect me too badly in everyday situations. I absolutely love my job and the kids cheer me up everyday without fail.

I wasn't even on here when I went through my worst patch either! Yeah it affects a load more people than we think