We are needed!

UpTheVilla26

It makes you wonder how much the crowd matters. It's easy to say that the players should give 100% every week regardless of the atmosphere, but they're only human and I know that thousands of people cheering me on would give me an adrenaline boost, while thousands getting on my back would make me nervous.

It's good to see our attendances have picked up over the last four games when we have needed the support, and it's notable that we've been loud twice (QPR and Sunderland) and had good performances, and had two fairly flat atmospheres (Plop and Fulham) which gave fairly flat performances. It seems we really are the 12th man. Let's keep up the 37k+ attendances, and keep the place rocking. Last night was the best atmosphere since we thumped the noses. Cracking stuff.

• Like 1

Absolutely bouncing last night, haven't felt Villa Park so buoyant in years.  Almost an air of defiance when Sunderland equalised.  Hope the crowd stay with this team now.   In the past we've managed to cripple our teams at home so i hope this is new start.

Just like to thank everyone who got themselves down to VP last night.

As with the QPR game, I honestly believe we made a difference last night. I was sceptical the QPR atmosphere could be replicated but it was even better. The fans were superb, the Holte was in full voice and I even heard noise bellowing out the Trinity.

We sat North Stand lower, right near the corner flag. I am getting the feeling the North Stand could easily start to be a 'mini' version of the Holte. Seem to be a lot more supporters going in there who will sing and support for 90 minutes, not just sit on their hands. The section near the away fans were truly class, especially when they were mocking them for cheering the dissallowed goal.

I've been going to Villa since I was 10 and have to say that is by far and away the best night of my life up there. The importance of the win, the manner in which the team got the win and the support from the fans. It was a humbling experience. UTV!!

• Like 1

I'd like to thank all of you who were there last night. You gave us a really great night and it was probably the best atmospehere I've ever experienced. And I was at the 5-1 derby. We joined in, but 39 people doesn't make that much of a difference on a night like this. :) I just wished my missus was there too, cause is the kind of atmosphere you want to show someone when you try to learn them what football is all about. We're by far the greatest fans the world has ever seen.

• Like 4

Â