The Huddle?

villa-revolution

I dont get this 'what was said?' business. What must he have said to them at H-T is a good one! He sat them down and said - 'lads I want you to go and lose'.

I think in the huddle, Vlaar (or whoever) said 'Guys, I want you to ignore the very nature of football (in that we are playing a team who are also trying to win the game (and like in many cases, their far better than us)) and sack it off for the first couple of minutes. Let Valencia drift offside and get away with it before letting arguably the worlds best striker score from 2 yards'.

Something along them lines????

Or perhaps, just maybe - what people say doesnt always happen? 

Had we have scored in the first 2 minutes, would you be questioning Fergies teamtalk?

if it motivates them so be it, might not always get a win but at least theyre communicating with each other and not playing for themselves

tbh, theres plenty about this club i could moan about, like how villa park is actually a hideous stadium, or how theres not enough parking, or the holte pub is too expensive, or how sh it the first team is, or how average the youth set up actually is despite performing well at that level or how expensive and awful the kit is, but the huddle isnt one!

I agree, the huddle is a **** disgrace. Look at the angle of their backs in that pic, not exactly the angle of winners is it? And look at the way it's organised, not in numerical or even alphabetical order, no consideration of the varying heights involved, that's probably why we concede so many goals imho. It goes without saying standard huddle procedure is left arm over, right under. This bunch of amateurs wouldn't know a good huddle if it encircled them before kick off.

If the performance in the huddle on Monday is as bad as it has been in the last few games I'm walking out there and then.

Â