Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

I'm going 2-1 win with our heroes coming from behind. I can see Darren Bent coming off the bench to dramatically snatch a late winner after Benteke's equaliser. I would play Westwood Sylla & KEA in the middle. (Do note rate Delph as he is reckless in the tackle & dribbles the ball in dangerous positions just in font of our back 4.) Would also go Gabby, Bent & Benteke from the off but no doubt Lambo will choose Weimann over Bent which most people appear to be comfortable with. (Can live with this but would still prefer Bent)

Weimann's another who's looked jaded of late . Problem is we're out of time almost so no point resting them.

He didn't look jaded to me against Fulham and United. He's lost his finishing touch but he still makes more runs than any other player.

Weimann's another who's looked jaded of late . Problem is we're out of time almost so no point resting them.

He didn't look jaded to me against Fulham and United. He's lost his finishing touch but he still makes more runs than any other player.

Agree, he's a constant menace and is always tenacious - he hasn't had his finishing boots on but I cant see Lambert dropping him

I don't know why i'm so confident about this game. Though, usually when I am confident we lose. But still, I really don't think Sunderland are all that. Newcastle and Everton were quite poor and I just don't see us putting on a poor performance with the way we've been playing lately. We just need Benteke to be on form. As for Bent... naaaaah... give me a fatigued Benteke over Bent any day. We don't play in a way which will make Bent effective. To fit Bent in we have to play with 2 up front and our midfield is just too weak to do that. 

------- Westwood --- Delph --------

Weimann ----- Zogbia ------ Gabby

--------------Benteke-------------------

OR

---- Westwood --Sylla -- Delph --------

Weimann -------------- ------ Gabby

--------------Benteke-------------------

Probably pack the midfield out to begin with and play Sylla, then make changes depending how the game goes. 

Edited by PieFacE

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have a nice comfortable home win, 3-0 or something.

yes and with Wigan losing 8-0 to Spurs to top things off nicely, and Stoke losing to Norwich (putting the latter safe) in time for us to play them next week whilst they are still in party mode...

Here's to wet dreaming

Sunderland aren't a good team and we shouldn't be too concerned with them it's our team that worries me.

Play well and we can win comfortably but with so many individual **** ups this season we all know that we are a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Win just **** WIN!

Sunderland play breakaway football, we need to be on our toes all night.

------------Guzan-------------

Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker

-----Delph---------westwood

Weimann. Bannan. Gabby

---------Benteke -------------

Adam Johnson and Sessegnon have found some form which is a concern and if Gardner and Ndiaye are the midfield 2 i can see them having more of the play than us.

Also have to try not to give too many stupid freekicks and corners away because as much as i hate to say it, that bluenose schmuk Larsson has a pretty accurate right peg on him

This game just stepped up a notch in terms of importance that we get something here!

Just been reading the comments on the Sky Sports pages and Sunderland fans are just wishing for us to go down etc etc. Apparently Di Canio appeared to taunt Villa fans when we beat Swindon about relegation? Also, in his comments he said he "went to St James' park without worry, you can't imagine I will go to Villla park with worry"..... ****.

Edited by Tayls