Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

I am angry at Lambert at not giving Bent a run out v Man Utd, Bent will be sure to score against Sunderland if he had minutes behind him, now he will be rusty and unsure.

For me if Bent plays apart against a former club he will do well, but I highly doubt he will feature.

I'll be happy with a draw with no Bent, a win if he does play albeit a scrappy result.

Lambert generally does at least one thing left Field in each team section . He'll probably play Bowery on the wing or something odd like that. I agree regarding Bent, atrocious treatment . Captain, not captain, frozen out, now on the bench. Odd .

6 points from our remaining games should do it and this along with the game at Norwich appear the most likely route to those 6 points for me. That would also give us the option of getting something at Wigan on the last day if we need to and they are able to pull something unexpected out of the bag where something less from Monday may put staying up beyond us before then in that situation. We have to win this one as we did the last home game. The fact we did not beat Fulham makes it even more vital that we win this one. Anything less than a win might see Lambo repeating Ron Saunders "do you want to bet against us?" moment after defeat at home to Ipswich in 1981 but this time we are at the wrong end of the table.

The thing with Bent is that he can't play the wide forward role, so you're either asking for the manager to drop Benteke or you're looking to change our shape - removing the strength of our team (our front three) and replacing Gabby and Weimann with Bent plus one from KEA, Bannan and Sylla. There's no room for him - if he was better than any of those three in the positions they're playing for us then let's play him - he's not.

• Like 2

id like to see Sylla back in the team

we had a decent few results with him in there and like others have suggested we need a strong midfield for Sunderland

i'm not confident because Di Canio is having the effect I knew he would have

but my only hope is the thought that Sunderland can't win 3 games in a row can they?

i'm gonna go with my heart and say 2-1 Villa

The thing with Bent is that he can't play the wide forward role, so you're either asking for the manager to drop Benteke or you're looking to change our shape - removing the strength of our team (our front three) and replacing Gabby and Weimann with Bent plus one from KEA, Bannan and Sylla. There's no room for him - if he was better than any of those three in the positions they're playing for us then let's play him - he's not.

You don't have to be necessarily better than the player you are replacing especially since the player in question is maybe showing signs of fatigue and has consequently been poor of the last couple of games. Bent is also a different type of forward than Benteke so comparisons are difficult between both players but Bent could replace Benteke in our present system without too much difficulty and with the possibility of scoring against one of your former clubs i'd have no hesitation in playing Bent against Sunderland.

If we drop Benteke for Darren Bent, we are relegating ourselves.

Yes, more that we are already anyway.

Really don't fancy this match, don't know why. I think we've got a really good chance against Norwich, but not here really.