Ratings and Reactions: Man Utd 3-0 Villa

limpid

The one thing that has worried me in recent weeks is our total lack of composure in the final third, so many awful passes, crosses and rushed attempts at goal. Its one thing having a utterly clueless defence but if we don't start burying chances then we are as good as down.

Offsides yes, but we were outnumbered in midfield first half. Terrible decision by Lambert to start with Nzogbia. Guzan at fault for the first goal. Looked better 2nd half, although united eased off but we never looked like scoring and Agbonlahor just not at it.

Benteke was AWOL yes, but that is not his fault. When did he start to collect the ball on the halfway and dribble every player? Without the proper help he will only be limited to a few glares at the ball. He did in fact have 1,5 chances tonight and he should have scored. Most strikers from below-average teams have zero.

i would genuinely rather we parked the bus for 90 mins than this gung ho 'waaahaaay lets ave a go lads' shit that never ever **** works

The problem is, we don't have a bus we can park. We simply have a woeful defence and nothing has been done all year about it.

i would genuinely rather we parked the bus for 90 mins than this gung ho 'waaahaaay lets ave a go lads' shit that never ever **** works

Were you saying the same thing when we went there last season and lost 4-0 with 1 shot on target?

Edited by Jimzk5

If there's a game in the season when parking the bus is acceptable then surely playing the best side in the league away from home is it.

We didn't need to park the bus, just needed to start with an extra body in midfield.

Yeah I agree. Even if he thought the formation we put out was a good idea at the start once he saw Rooney sat deep in midfield the alarm bells should have been ringing that we need to make a sub or adjust it so that Rooney didn't have all day to pick out passes. 

Ian Darke did the commentary on ESPN here in the States. He pointed out that for a lot of our players, it was their first ever visit to Old Trafford -- Bennett, Westwood, Lowton, Baker, Benteke, Vlaar. El Ahmady too when he came on. I guess the first visit to Old Trafford is bound to be a little overwhelming. I was annoyed at the subs initially but they seemed to work, at least for damage limitation. Or maybe it was just United taking their foot off the gas.

We'd need to have a bus in order to park it. We have a SmartCar. And we're not sure where the parking garage is.

Didn't expect to get anything from United anyway, so now it's on to next week's crucial match v. Sunderland.

3 potential offside goals OK'd from the same linesman. Marginal they may have been but to have allowed all 3 beggers belief and the offside player was right next to the linesman in the build up to the crucial early first goal. Given that the result was never going to go our way and at least it did not end up being a Chelsea like score line that would have given Wigan a clear point by leaving them safe on goal difference. We go again next Monday and nothing less than a win will do then.

430315_10200429400650999_2110759067_n.jp

The first one is actually a lot closer than it looks in your picture. I think it's Lowton is very close to being in line with him (i.e. half his body is keeping him online) on the other side of the pitch.

They were all offside but they were all very close decisions where only half a players body was offside and that can very easily be missed in full speed.

Â