Ticket News

adamrob69

Oh, also, from earlier in the day, the following was posted by the WMP Villa twitter

The game against Wigan on the last day of the season has potentially massive implications for both teams. At present the allocation for away fans at the Wigan Fixture is 3000, as it was for the last game of the season 2011-2012 for Wolves.
3000 is a large allocation at any other club in the Country. Only on 2 previous occasions this season have Aston Villa taken more than 3000 fans to away games, 3095 to Swindon Town, and 3139 to Southampton.

It is appreciated that this game would be well attended by Aston Villa fans keen to support their team and drive them onto Premiership safety.

I am currently providing my Colleagues in Greater Manchester Police with regular updates in respect of all aspects of Aston Villa fans behaviour both at Home fixtures and away fixtures in order for them to gain an accurate picture around fans profile, and make informed decisions in respect of the Categorisation of the fixture and assist WAFC in deciding upon an appropriate allocation. This is no different to what is done for any Aston Villa away fixture throughout the season.

These reports would include details of such issues as: Number of Arrests, Number of Ejections, Persistent Standing, Smoke bombs/flares incidents, Racist/Homophobic Incidents, Disorder and pitch encroachment.

I have been asked why Tottenham have been given 4800 Tickets and Villa only have 3000? But when you look at the significance of the fixtures it does have an impact. Potentially the WAFC v AV fixture could mean Premiership survival for both clubs and as a result emotions will be high for both sets of supporters in respect of each scenario.

Ticket allocation is a Club decision who may seek advice from the Host Police Force in respect of it but ultimately it’s their decision.

source

What annoyed me about this was it's quite simply wrong!

4350 at Bradford

4000 at Fulham - 2900 in away end + circa another 1000 in neutral end.

So they're going to leave 1200 seats in that stand empty? Seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Our fans have no record of violence this year and I don't think we ever plan of having any. It's just Whelan being a word removed.

Any chance of rolling up on the day?

I would think that's the best bet, but if they're going to the lengths of checking names and addresses against the Villa database, you can bet they'd be expecting this too. So ugh, I dunno, maybe they'll ask you who you support as you go in, so they get to hear your accent too? :huh:

Any chance of rolling up on the day?

I would think that's the best bet, but if they're going to the lengths of checking names and addresses against the Villa database, you can bet they'd be expecting this too. So ugh, I dunno, maybe they'll ask you who you support as you go in, so they get to hear your accent too? :huh:

Just say your a Baggies fan lol, can't not refuse entry on the basic of your accent lol

Have bought a ticket for Wigan v. Swansea to get what I thought was the necessary booking history to sort tickets for our game but their ticketing site still says I have insufficient privileges. Wonder if they've cottoned onto this strategy?

BOOKING HISTORY ONLY COUNTS AFTER THE GAME HAS BEEN PLAYED

Do you actually have to attend the game, i.e Will Wigan check if the barcode on the ticket has been scanned? Or will simply having paid for the ticket be enough if the other question.

If they are clever, it will be the former.

This is a focking nightmare. I called their ticket office and they said you needed 2 games booking history to get tickets for Villa. I said I'll buy one for the Spurs game please but wasn't allowed as that is also a booking history only fixture. Basically it's impossible to buy tickets in the home end too for May 19 as far as I can tell. 

For those struggling , why dont you drive to Wigan and buy tickets in person for the villa game ? Simples

Wigan isn't close.

It's a 1 hour drive from Lichfield

Depends how eager you are to go I guess

• Like 1

Have bought a ticket for Wigan v. Swansea to get what I thought was the necessary booking history to sort tickets for our game but their ticketing site still says I have insufficient privileges. Wonder if they've cottoned onto this strategy?

Do you actually have to attend the game, i.e Will Wigan check if the barcode on the ticket has been scanned? Or will simply having paid for the ticket be enough if the other question.

This is a focking nightmare. I called their ticket office and they said you needed 2 games booking history to get tickets for Villa. I said I'll buy one for the Spurs game please but wasn't allowed as that is also a booking history only fixture. Basically it's impossible to buy tickets in the home end too for May 19 as far as I can tell. 

According to the Wigan site, (http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/13-04-25-ticket-details-aston-villa-h-791175.aspx) it only needs previous booking history to get tickets for the Villa game, 'tickets are only available to supporters with a previous purchasing history at the DW Stadium', doesn't state how many you need.

Edited by Avflife

A friendly reminder of the posting guidelines. Do not offer to buy or sell tickets.for anything other than face values or you will be banned. Please read the posting guidelines (linked in the bottom right of every page) if you aren't sure.

If it's not a sell-out, I'll be **** fuming

Plenty of blame being thrown about here, but anyone that's consistently followed the club away this season coupled with a season ticket has already easily secured their tickets for this match, people need to stop feeling so hard done by, talk about jumping on a bandwagon or what.

Â