Ticket News

adamrob69

I can imagine whelan pulling a stunt like that to try help them out.

I'm assuming they won't sell out though so lots of villa could go without colours and just buy home end tickets ok the door.

I'm shitting myself already ffs.

The OB have been cracking down on anything over 3000 in recent seasons apparently. If day it's highly unlikely we will get anymore as this is already a potential tinder box.

The police haven't been cracking down at all. In 99% of games the police have no comment to male whatsoever in ticketing matters. Only on one occassion in the past twenty odd years have we had our tickets limited because of police advice; January 2011 in B9.

Newcastle, Bradford, Citeh, Liverpool, Yanited etc have all sold out the 5400.

People have been saying this is a consequence of West Ham smashing the place up the other year. The fact we will be safe before we play Chelsea will mean the extra tickets are released.

At the moment people are buying childrens tickets for the Wigan Swansea game at £5 a go to build a booking history.

Have bought a ticket for Wigan v. Swansea to get what I thought was the necessary booking history to sort tickets for our game but their ticketing site still says I have insufficient privileges. Wonder if they've cottoned onto this strategy?

We will not be safe before the game!! and even in the unlikely event that WE are. Wigan won't be! so the game will be just as important.

The OB are currently advising Wigan. They are taking into account our behaviour at previous away games. However its unlikely we will receive any more tickets as we already have a large amount (Wigan will be the third largest amount of tickets for away game this season) and because of the consequences of the match.

I dont know why people keep saying we can have the whole stand, and you can have at least 5k. That means absoloutley nothing. We have had full allocation, and anything else is a unlikely bonus.

When Wolves played there final game there (was it last season?) they were only £3k. Spurs this season are only allowed £4k and that is just because the match hasn't got as much riding on it.

Like i keep saying, i wouldn't count on extra because its 95% that we wont get them. If you desperatly want to go to the game then you should try and source a ticket elsewhere.

My source is the OB directly.

nothing to do with a limit in allocation, just really shit away support. already relegated, they took just 2200.

Have bought a ticket for Wigan v. Swansea to get what I thought was the necessary booking history to sort tickets for our game but their ticketing site still says I have insufficient privileges. Wonder if they've cottoned onto this strategy?

May have to wait until after the Swansea game has been played? Otherwise you could buy a Villa ticket now, then return your Swansea ticket before the game, hence not really having the correct booking history for the Villa ticket.

No more tickets going to be available. Gutted!

With so much potentially riding on this game, the DW Stadium Safety Officer, following consultation with the Greater Manchester and West Midlands Police, is concerned that a maximum allocation of nearly 5,000 tickets could provide a heightened safety risk which could rise to unacceptable levels.

Wigan Athletic have, therefore, offered us an initial allocation of 3,000 tickets which falls within Premier League guidelines.

This allocation has now sold out.

Results ahead of this game will be monitored and, should the circumstances surrounding this game change closer to May 19, Wigan Athletic will consider increasing our allocation to a similar number to that which has been offered to Tottenham Hotspur for this weekend's match.

BOOKING HISTORY ONLY COUNTS AFTER THE GAME HAS BEEN PLAYED

No more tickets going to be available. Gutted!

With so much potentially riding on this game, the DW Stadium Safety Officer, following consultation with the Greater Manchester and West Midlands Police, is concerned that a maximum allocation of nearly 5,000 tickets could provide a heightened safety risk which could rise to unacceptable levels.

Wigan Athletic have, therefore, offered us an initial allocation of 3,000 tickets which falls within Premier League guidelines.

This allocation has now sold out.

Results ahead of this game will be monitored and, should the circumstances surrounding this game change closer to May 19, Wigan Athletic will consider increasing our allocation to a similar number to that which has been offered to Tottenham Hotspur for this weekend's match.

-source AVFC OS-

So basically, if we or they are safe by the time the game is played, we get more tickets.

Potential recipe for disaster, this. They can't be so short sighted not to realise that Villa fans are going to go in the home end if they can't get in the away, which carries a much higher 'safety risk'.

If a large Villa contingent goes in the home end and it kicks off, it'll be the fault of, as CI would say, 'OB' and Wigan.

Oh, also, from earlier in the day, the following was posted by the WMP Villa twitter

The game against Wigan on the last day of the season has potentially massive implications for both teams. At present the allocation for away fans at the Wigan Fixture is 3000, as it was for the last game of the season 2011-2012 for Wolves.

3000 is a large allocation at any other club in the Country. Only on 2 previous occasions this season have Aston Villa taken more than 3000 fans to away games, 3095 to Swindon Town, and 3139 to Southampton.

It is appreciated that this game would be well attended by Aston Villa fans keen to support their team and drive them onto Premiership safety.

I am currently providing my Colleagues in Greater Manchester Police with regular updates in respect of all aspects of Aston Villa fans behaviour both at Home fixtures and away fixtures in order for them to gain an accurate picture around fans profile, and make informed decisions in respect of the Categorisation of the fixture and assist WAFC in deciding upon an appropriate allocation. This is no different to what is done for any Aston Villa away fixture throughout the season.

These reports would include details of such issues as: Number of Arrests, Number of Ejections, Persistent Standing, Smoke bombs/flares incidents, Racist/Homophobic Incidents, Disorder and pitch encroachment.

I have been asked why Tottenham have been given 4800 Tickets and Villa only have 3000? But when you look at the significance of the fixtures it does have an impact. Potentially the WAFC v AV fixture could mean Premiership survival for both clubs and as a result emotions will be high for both sets of supporters in respect of each scenario.

Ticket allocation is a Club decision who may seek advice from the Host Police Force in respect of it but ultimately it’s their decision.

source

Edited by hogso

BOOKING HISTORY ONLY COUNTS AFTER THE GAME HAS BEEN PLAYED

Do you actually have to attend the game, i.e Will Wigan check if the barcode on the ticket has been scanned? Or will simply having paid for the ticket be enough if the other question.

If they are clever, it will be the former.

Â