Relocating to Birmingham

Voinjama

Which is the main reason I didn't move to London when I had the chance.   Part of me regrets it now because it would have probably been an interesting experience. 

Which is the main reason I didn't move to London when I had the chance.   Part of me regrets it now because it would have probably been an interesting experience. 

I recently moved to London and I'm regretting it.

The standard of living is abysmal. I'm paying out over £1000 a month for (what I would consider) a shit hole, in Birmingham I could have a 3 bedroom house in a nice area for that.

Yeah, I couldn't go now because I'm in my thirties and have kids.  I had the chance when I was 24/25 and had no responsibilities. It would have been on a decent salary too.  Part of me wishes I'd have gone down there for a couple of years before coming back up to the West Midlands. 

@Steve 985 it's a marketing job, its actually Broad Street, not Colmore.

Thanks for the suggestions, will probably move to a place in the city centre.

Harborne would be ideal for this location.

Most of the buses that travel down Harborne high street end up on Broad Street.

• Like 1

Harborne is expensive though. If people are turning their nose up at Acocks Green, then how about Olton, just 1 stop down the line. 6 mins on train into Brum. You'd probably get a 2/3 bed semi near the station for 500/month or there's nice flats on St Bernard's Rd a short stroll from the station.

Even disregarding the extra space, it may be worth it to have a semi in a nice quiet area, rather than an apartment, with neighbours on all sides.

This is so true, I lived for nearly 5 years in Brindley, in that time a lot of people come and go. Mostly we were lucky and it was generally quiet but for a good year we were very unlucky and it was not pleasant living. With the house you don't generally have the bars & restaurants etc to walk to but you'll almost always get a good nights kip.

Acocks Green is half and half, the estate by Gilbertstone School is Solihull like, but apart from that it's a bit of a shit hole. I wouldn't worry about what area you go to as long as it's a nice house/flat and decent surroundings.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Acocks, as I've lived in Solihull most of my life and have their snob bug

Hall Green is lovely and I can't see it being much more expensive than Acocks green surely?

lol most of it is shit and the rest is average, however can't imagine it being expensive at all, I mean, why would it be expense? No obvious reason.

If you don't want to live in the city centre then you could live anywhere on the cross city line. Most it would take you is 30 mins or so to get into New St and plenty of options. 

More trees, its quieter and has less chavs.

Maybe my knowledge is a little out of date but thinking back 8 years I remember there being quite a few gangs - having an unfortunate overspill of dullards from Sparkbrook and the moronic 'Billesley boys'.

Perhaps it has changed. But I still don't see how it's any better than Northfield.

More trees, its quieter and has less chavs.

Maybe my knowledge is a little out of date but thinking back 8 years I remember there being quite a few gangs - having an unfortunate overspill of dullards from Sparkbrook and the moronic 'Billesley boys'.

Perhaps it has changed. But I still don't see how it's any better than Northfield.

I have never had a junkie nearly puke brown sick on me at 9 O'Clock in the morning since moving from Northfield to Hall Green!

• Like 1

Â