Relocating to Birmingham

Voinjama

Acocks Green station to Moor St is circa 5 mins. What's not to like. Also in terms of shops there's a good array. I don't live there but I often shop in AG as its cheaper.

As its you though voinjama and thinking about your "preferences" shall we say, have you considered Sparkhill, Sparkbrook or even Small Heath ? Clunge central .

Come to B23 Erdington, it'll be the biggest mistake of your life but you'll have a good crack

The only place in Brum where you have a UFC training centre just so that you can prepare for drinking on the High Street.

• Like 1

I too was born and raised in Acocks Green.

I've not seen the crime figures but it feels safe, has a few shops and relatively good transport links as has been said... But my god it's depressing. Grey, damp, miserable and the pubs are the absolute pits.

If I was to move back to Brum I'd move way out into Solihull. Alternatively in your case stick with the city center. £500 per month could get you your own pad but it won't be pretty, alternatively you'll get a really nice share for that. That's what I'd do but then I like sharing.

I too was born and raised in Acocks Green.

I've not seen the crime figures but it feels safe, has a few shops and relatively good transport links as has been said... But my god it's depressing. Grey, damp, miserable and the pubs are the absolute pits.

Exactly. I went to school in Acocks Green and hate the place.

Have to laugh at the Sparkhill and Sparkbrook suggestions.

If you look at surrounding areas, halesowen, blackheath, old hill, stourbridge, cradley heath all uave train stations that get you into brum in 25 minutes, and you could get a 3 bed house for £450/500

Acocks Green is fine. Live in Hall Green and use the shops down there quite a bit. 

Agree about the pubs though, ghastly places some of them 

@Steve 985 it's a marketing job, its actually Broad Street, not Colmore.

Thanks for the suggestions, will probably move to a place in the city centre.

Cool, good luck with it.

I'd suggest Jewellery Quarter for a nice place to live in the city. Walking distance to work for you (10-15 minutes at a guess).

Not sure you'd get a one bed place for your budget but you'd definitely get a flat share for that.

I'd probably last less than that but I figure it wouldnt be a bad place for six months if you are travelling light and move about often.  Voinjama seems to move around quite a bit so I'm guessing he isn't going to be in Birmingham forever and he probably doesn't have a ton of furniture to lug around.  In that instance paying for a postcode isn't actually a terrible idea.  

Â