Relocating to Birmingham

Voinjama

Hello my fellow vter's, I am relocating to Birmingham for my new job at the Colmore business district. There is 1 problem, I need to be living there and renting a place by next Thursday. I don't have a car so it needs to be as close to Snow Hill station, Colmore etc as possible. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Colmore Row is particularly well served by public transport.  Obviously Snow Hill station is nearby, that has frequent (10 minute intervals) trains towards Stourbridge and towards Solihull all day long, but New Street is barely a ten minute walk away and there are more bus routes in the area than you can shake a stick at.  I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to get in to work. 

rightmove is good too.

If you're looking for a share then try spareroom.com, but as others have said, you should be able to get a one bed place for your budget, especially if you're willing to live out of the centre.

Moseley, for example. You'd easily get a place there for that budget and you're 10 minutes from the city centre by bus.

Even as far away as Acocks Green/Hall Green or even Solihull and you're looking at 20 minutes (about 12 from A Green), max, on the train.

If you're working on Colmore Row, as others have sad, you could probably live anywhere in Birmingham within walking distance of a train station and have no problem getting to work pretty quickly.

Out of interest, what's the job? (I'm only curious, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to)

What's wrong with acocks green? I'm recently moved to hall green and shop in acocks green. Both areas seem fine to me?

Edited by Ingram85

Just look on Rightmove under Birmingham Snow Hill. There are a few apartments in the financial district around your budget

What's wrong with acocks green? I'm recently moved to hall green and shop in acocks green. Both areas seem fine to me?

Blues area.  I've never lived there, but I worked in Tyseley for seven years and Acocks Green always struck me as a decent place. It's got it's own little village so you don't have to go into town for everything if you don't want to, it's well connected by bus and rail (especially if you live in the bit that is between Acocks Green and Spring Road stations) and I'd seriously consider it if I were moving into the city.   But it is a Blues area. 

I grew up in A Green (specifically in that bit between the stations that Rev mentioned) and my rents still live there.

Nothing wrong with it. Ok it's a bit common but most suburbs of birmingham are.

I'm not suggesting it's a perfect area to live in, but we were talking about affordable options and Acocks Green fits. Affordable places to live, amenities, excellent transport links (bus and train) to both Birmingham and Solihull.

No it's not as ncie to live in as the JW or Moseley or Harbourne. But it's not bad for someone looking for a cheap place to live. 

But yes, it is a Blues area, not that you'll get beaten up wearing a villa shirt. Just that a lot of people support blues.

Edited by Stevo985

Â