Albrighton 72

Sylla 72

Bennett 71

Lichaj 70

Herd 69

Bowery 68

Stevens 67

Fixed!

In reality though, I actually like your ratings. They seem fair and spot on, except I'd swap Gabby's and Weimann's ratings. Also Fifa wont touch N'zogbia's rating. They never do. 

• 2 weeks later...

Going back for a few games on FIFA13 has me not at all optimistic for this unless drastic improvements are made - which they won't be.

Beat a lad 5-0 in the first 21 minutes using the 1-2 pass. Stupid that something like that is in te game

Your opponent must have been pretty poor!

Too easy to se the 1-2 pass with a quick striker. A game with such awful AI can't afford to have something like that in the game, what hope's he got if the defenders don't even track. :lol:

Your opponent must have been pretty poor!

Too easy to se the 1-2 pass with a quick striker. A game with such awful AI can't afford to have something like that in the game, what hope's he got if the defenders don't even track. :lol:

I'd say the most basic rule of defending in FIFA is you track those runs yourself.

Don't mistake playing someone who is clearly terrible at the game as the game itself being poor. (I'm not saying it ISN'T poor. But it certainly isn't because of that)

The problem with FIFA now is they've found a goldmine in Ultimate Team, I was playing with my cousin and his friends the other day and his friends parents all spend at least £10 a week on Ultimate Team points for them. Seems to be a crazy a la Pokemon cards etc.

Ultimate Team really started to 'kick-off' in FIFA 11, and since then I've seen every other mode apart from Ultimate Team start to deteriorate. Career mode is a load of zhit and crashes every time I get to my second season now, something that many people have complained about yet it hasn't been fixed. I just bought PES which I'll play over the Summer now, will see how things to start to shape up for both FIFA and PES 14 before making a decision on which one I'll go with.

I always hated the way PES had fake teams but you can fix that easily now by just downloading an option file which gives you all the legit kits and names etc. It still has a lot of faults but the way EA just ignore peoples complaints and problems I don't think I can put money into FIFA again.

Do remember that PES comes with the FOX engine which done right can look 10x better than fifa 13. They better step their game up, there are far to many small tweaks every year. There haven`t been a big transition since 03 or so. 09-10 there was a little difference but we need more. When you see what developers are able to do with games coming out, graphically and so on you start to wonder. They just don`t do big improvements since they know they can keep it up if they keep releasing a game each year. Worst part is they signed a new deal not to long ago so they have the license until 2020 I think. 

As for ratings, you can edit them yourselves if you sign up to do it. I stopped doing it though since..well its fifa I don`t really care that much anymore. They don`t so...

Making an appearance at the Xbox reveal tomorrow.

Unless there are major improvements, I think this will be the first year since 2008 that I won't buy FIFA on release day. It feels like they've been getting worse and worse since WC 2010. The following frustrates the hell out of me:

- Speed being the only stat that matters

- Chip through balls are always perfect (even though the same players mess up 5 yard passes)

- Completely broken impact engine

- Contain button which allows people to defend with one button

- Exploitable formations/custom tastics

- Putting defenders on the goal lines for freekicks

The higher up you get, the less fun the games becomes. People just exploit all of the above to do anything to win.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think they'll build new stadiums into the game this close to next-gen.  I honestly doubt we'll ever see Villa Park, not without a few seasons of back-to-back Champion's League qualification first.

I always hated the way PES had fake teams but you can fix that easily now by just downloading an option file which gives you all the legit kits and names etc. It still has a lot of faults but the way EA just ignore peoples complaints and problems I don't think I can put money into FIFA again.

To gamers of a certain age, fake names are kind of a reassuring old friend.

• Like 1

Really, if they just fixed all the nonsense with chipped through balls and the fake shot drag back, I'd be fine with the game.

Those two things are just so exploitable though

My guess for the ratings on fifa 14:

Benteke 82

Guzan 81

Bent 79

Vlaar 78

Weimann 77

Agbonlahor 76

Given 76

Lowton 76

Ireland 75

Nzogbia 75

Clark 75

Delph 75

Westwood 75

Baker 74

El Ahmadi 74

Holman 72

Albrighton 72

Sylla 72

Bennett 71

Lichaj 70

Herd 69

Bowery 68

Stevens 67

I am pretty sure Agbonlahor will stay 74 actually. 

That means he'll be a silver and making EA $$$$$$ because of his pace... 

EA need to make the game so it will pass the ball exactly where you direct it on the analogue

I don't play on manual so I don't know whether is it like this, but if it is then FIFA should be manual by default to improve the game.

Anyway, aren't they unveiling the next-gen features today? Online career mode please!

Â