Premier League on NBC Sports next season

heid3ster

And Benteke is included in the coverage bumper (with no sign of Bale).

Watching more closely... the bumper is

Van Persie's goal against us

Benteke's goal against Chelsea

Dzeko

Walcott

Gerrard

Torres

Ha ha ha, you know what Fox Soccer Channel is showing on Saturday while NBC Sports rolls out the Premier League to all the US soccer fans? The fifty millionth rerun of the Being Liverpool marathon.

What TV provider do you have?

Saturday is when Fox launches Fox Sports 1 (replacing Speed), Fox Sports 2 (replacing Fuel), and FXX (replacing Fox Soccer). However, since DirecTV, Dish, and Time Warner Cable haven't agreed to carry the new channels but do have contracts requiring Fox to provide auto-racing content on Speed, extreme sports on Fuel, and soccer on Fox Soccer, those providers will continue to get those channels, only they'll show the cheapest imaginable programming on a loop.

I've got Comcast. Forgot about the changeover, I meant Fox Sports 1 will be showing Being Liverpool. On my Guide menu it currently identifies that channel number as FSC still, but I guess Saturday is when they make the change.

Has anyone else noticed that Brendon Dunlop from Fox Soccer News looks like a Football Manager regen?

fc051b22e6e17504d1df69bb1afcbe68.jpeg208650d1323335246-awesome-alien-face-unt

Not long to go now! So excited to see Villa back in action.

Hoping for the best, in team performace and NBC coverage..

"And it's a corner to Villa. I understand Villa like to employ the WDFAFC tactic when they win a corner" (yeah, i know its going to be English commentry thankfully)

"Westwood floats one over and Benteke climbs brilliantly over Mertesacker and its....time for an ad!

Arghhh, bloody NBC and your #### ads!#$@! :P

Yea, even they wouldn't do that to us (would they? :o ) Awful amount of ads in much of their programming though.

Here's hoping you do us proud Villa!

(I'm watching about 39 minutes behind)

Thus far the quality of the surrounding programming is about eleventy billion times better than FSC's. Onsite pregame reports, shots of the Liberty Stadium and the Emirates hours before the game, the aerials of Anfield, pregame manager interviews... it's like NBC thinks this is a real sport.

Kind of surreal hearing the lovely Rebecca Lowe* do a read for the NFL (of course, as noted, NBC's NFL games thus far have featured promos for the PL).

*: I don't know if it's anglophilia, but the accent and the football knowledge push Rebecca from a 7 to an 8. She has rocked the same black dress on every PL broadcast thus far on NBC, though.

Kind of surreal hearing the lovely Rebecca Lowe* do a read for the NFL (of course, as noted, NBC's NFL games thus far have featured promos for the PL).

*: I don't know if it's anglophilia, but the accent and the football knowledge push Rebecca from a 7 to an 8. She has rocked the same black dress on every PL broadcast thus far on NBC, though.

That's funny. When their broadcast began, I thought to myself "I bet Lehi fancies her" :P

Yes, better coverage than fox. Much more build up, show us a bit more of what's happening at other grounds. My only complaint of the days coverage was that they were a little late for the 2nd half kick off in certainly 2 of the 3 games (maybe all 3, I cant really remember with the Liverpool game now). That's a bit poor for me.

So NBC's version of Match of the Day is basically (though I've only caught the last hour-ish):

* Premier League world feed commentary, like we'd get a day later on the Review Show

* longer highlights than the Review Show

* Lineker doing the voiceover introducing the commentators

* Rebecca and the Robbies chatting afterwards

Â