Premier League on NBC Sports next season

heid3ster

Very pleased with NBC so far. Much more polished than FSC, no goofy Canadians and only one goofy American so far that I've noticed doing any kind of reporting.

Robbie Mustoe is very likable, and Robbie Earle is too, Mustoe offering better analysis.

Good stuff so far!

Earle however was on the money when he tipped us to be a surprise this season in the "Countdown" show.

Martino (he of all of eight caps for the US...) is an improvement over Wynalda.

They're doing a great job of bringing the better aspects of the way sports are done in the US to football (though part of this, like the pregame manager interviews, is apparently new to the UK, too... for the Chelsea game you could see that NBC was just taking the interview from Sky).

I suspect that Martino will only be working Sunday games... Earle is probably in church or something.

Last time I checked, Robbie Mustoe lived in Lexington (he was an assistant coach at BC).

I'm throwing out my "only watch Villa" rule now.

From the threads, I know there's a few non-US people watching streams of the NBC coverage. I'd be kind of curious to know what they think of it.

I'm throwing out my "only watch Villa" rule now.

From the threads, I know there's a few non-US people watching streams of the NBC coverage. I'd be kind of curious to know what they think of it.

Well, there was plenty of Rebecca Lowe leg in NBC's match of the day. They don't get any of that in the English MOTD!  :P  Just Alan Hansen's quivering lips when he watches Liverpool try to compete in the modern game..

They pretty much had to; defending champions, big name club, the Moyes/Fergie angle, etc.

I guess, but that's the only game this week they're rerunning in full, despite being by far the most-watched of the week. For the Saturday latenight rerun, I think they should choose the best of the 10am games, maybe even favor the Extra Time ones. Norwich-Everton, for instance.

People are complaining about not having the Premier League Review Show.

45 minutes of highlights (net of commercials) for 9 games with no analysis?

Versus 2-plus hours (net of commercials) for 9 games with analysis?

I could understand if NBC's pundits were shit. But even Martino's not terrible.

I can buy not being happy about your cable company not setting up things properly. Likewise with the lack of rerun games for people on the West Coast. The live score graphic in the corner (I like it, myself). Not liking the animations in NBC's score graphic. But giving up the Review Show?

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't NBC's Match of the Day on saturday evenings 2 hours long? Just setting my dvr up for recordings, and noticed its only an hour this saturday. They wont have time to cover much considering adverts will take around 30 mins away.

NBCSN Premier League ratings from last weekend:

Saturday 739-941am (Villa @ Norwich): 241k viewers

Saturday 955-1157am (Southampton @ Liverpool): 437k viewers

Saturday 1225-221pm (Fulham @ Chelsea) 447k viewers

Sunday 1053am-101pm (Man Utd @ Man City) 852k viewers

The Manchester Derby outrated everything on Fox Sports 1.

Â