Arkham Origins

Junxs

I've played a couple of hours and haven't noticed many bugs to be fair, I think I've been lucky from the sounds of things though. I did think the camera was a bit dodgy at times though, that and the city just doesn't feel as alive as it did in AC. Disappointed to hear about all the bugs.

3.5/10 is cynical click bait, it's not that bad at all. It's a solid enough, if buggy, game. It feels a bit tired and it's not up to the standard of the Rocksteady games, but it's OK. It's the kind of game that has 6 written all over it.

3.5 is a reasonable score on Destructoid going by his review.

Destructoid stick to the fairly sensible, if uncommon, idea that 5 is average.

It doesn't fit in well with the rest of the industry that have 10 as the best thing since landing on the moon, 9 is alright, 8 is meh, and anything less is shit, but 3.5 fits in with the rest of their scores.

Ah, not overly familiar with Destructoid. Even so, I'd argue it's the definition of an average game, it's not 3.5 on any scale. If it wasn't buggy the only thing really separating it from the other games is some polish, a little more quality throughout and frankly the mechanics feeling a little tired after 3 games.

As said, it's bang on average. I can understand, and agree with wholeheartedly, the game being a fairly cynical farted out cash in 3rd sequel, but on its own merits the game isn't bad.

Edited by Chindie

I've played a bit more today and the major issue I have with the game is framerate. Sometimes it's absolutely abysmal which is annoying in-game, and it happens quite a lot during cutscenes too it would seem. Definitely lacking the polish, in design and technical capabilities, of Rocksteady.

Agreed, it is daft. I also didn't know that there were no riddles in this game. Very lazy work. If I had known that before purchase it may very well have been a deal breaker for me. It just doesn't feel like an Arkham game without them, that and some of the other issues. The more I play the more I am disappointed by this.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not really laughing too hard right now after hearing about that. Sigh. Leave it for a while for them to fix it properly.

As a former games tester, I do sympathise with some games having bugs left in due to budget and time constraints and publisher pressure, but I do have to think that this game wasn't tested very well at all. I'm amazed it passed Technical Certification Requirements. We got pulled up on a lot less serious stuff than some of the bugs I've heard about in this game.

• 1 month later...

I left this for a while and have gone back last couple of days for a couple of hours.

With that break the problems with the combat are really stark. They've buggered it up. It's nowhere near as brilliant as it used to be, which is absurd. Ruins the enjoyment of it.

Finished this earlier.

Worst of the series, mostly because it's really lacking in the polish the other games had, but also because it feels a bit tired.

Numerous frustrating moments where the combat mechanics let down in a manner the other games in the series never did, less clever applications of those mechanics, less new and interesting environments (it all feels too familiar in truth)... etc etc

It's not a bad game but considering the first 2 are some of the best games of this gen this is a disappointment. IT's a shame really because theres potential in the ideas they had, and some things are done very well - the transition to new voice actors has been handled supremely well, for example.

Wait for a sale.

Â