Arkham Origins

Junxs

That cinematic trailer was pretty sweet, better than I anticipated, fair play.

As long as they don't change the gameplay code from Arkham City, it should still be a damn good game. I'm not too worried about the story, and by the looks of that trailer it should be a lot of fun, it's just the gameplay that concerns me.

I'll put it out there and say that it's going to be really good. Fingers crossed WB Montreal don't mess up my favourite modern game franchise.

That cinematic trailer was pretty sweet, better than I anticipated, fair play.

As long as they don't change the gameplay code from Arkham City, it should still be a damn good game. I'm not too worried about the story, and by the looks of that trailer it should be a lot of fun, it's just the gameplay that concerns me.

I'll put it out there and say that it's going to be really good. Fingers crossed WB Montreal don't mess up my favourite modern game franchise.

I think they're keeping the combat the same as previous games although they're adding a tracking system which assesses the players' efficiency, through that you get experience points to get gadgets and abilities the way they'd be unlocked in the other games when you did good stuff.

There's also going to be kung-fu type enemies who can counter your counters, I see that getting a bit frustrating :D

Some fights are going to go a bit like this I feel -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypFIX0xWPQw

My moneys on it being the worst of the series and therefore probably quite average.

I'll play it still but I'm not holding out much hope.

Well theres a glass half full answer :)

Destro....  As in Destro from Action Force?

Wonder if Skeletor is in it?

My moneys on it being the worst of the series and therefore probably quite average.

I'll play it still but I'm not holding out much hope.

Well theres a glass half full answer :)

Destro.... As in Destro from Action Force?

Wonder if Skeletor is in it?

Second sequel made by a different team, a nice little perfect storm of things to make it not be a success IMO ;). I'll still play it as I've loved the series but I'm not expecting it to be the highlight. Strangely enough the portable version might actually be brilliant, the team behind it has form.

Destro? You mean Deathstroke? Hes a DC universe villain/occasional antihero, a 1 eyed assassin with a penchant for blades but equally happy with a gun or 3. He's not a top tier Batman villain, but then nine revealed so far with this title are.

• 4 weeks later...

The guy that did the Joker's voice in Arkham City was really good,

A little respect sir.   The guy was Mark Hamill. 

CuYdzP5.jpg

Also known as Luke Skywalker! 

• Like 3

Yeah his name is Mark Hamill, he played Luke Skywalker in Episodes IV, V and VI of VI of Star Wars and will possibly be in the ones coming up with Disney.

He played The Joker in various mediums for nineteen years, the longest of any actor to portray the role. He did bid farewell to the role on Twitter when Arkham City came out but he's said a few teasing things suggesting he may return one day, keeping his options maybe? :D

The man who plays the Joker in Arkham Origins is called Troy Barker. He's voiced numerous notorious Game characters already including Booker Dewitt from Bioshock Infinite and Joel from The Last of Us.

He's also voiced numerous comic book characters, including Bruce Wayne, so he sounds well qualified :)

Here's a synopsis I found of the plot

Years before the Arkham incidents, the neophyte Dark Knight finds himself the target of an open murder contract courtesy of Black Mask that draws the likes of Deathstroke, Deadshot, and Bane. The Penguin threatens the Falcone family.

Shit, Hamill has retired from being the voice of Joker? That's terrible news. I like Troy Baker as a voice actor, he's up there with Nolan North for me, and did a nice job of voicing Robin and Two Face in Arkham City and has a very impressive resumé in video games and anime, but no-one can replace Hamill as Joker.

So that's two reasons I'm worried that Origins could be a bit crap. Goddamit. Next you'll be telling me that Kevin Conroy has lost his voice.

Next you'll be telling me that Kevin Conroy has lost his voice.

Erm...The good news is he hasn't lost his voice, well I don't think so anyway but, but, but...he isn't in Origins...Roger Craig Smith is Batman/Bruce Wayne.

tumblr_mot859Qr301r4d9r0o1_500.png

I'm sorry Big Man  :mellow:

Allow the King Conroy to soothe and empathise with your plight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55zpDpTbAiw

There was a time...I was your only one.

• Like 1

Well, that was random but delightful.

Has Roger Craig Smith voiced Batman before? Is he any good?

Seriously? Arkham without Hamill, Conroy and Rocksteady? I'm not looking forward to this shit...

No come on, you've got to stay positive :)

He's voicing Batman in both games, Origin and Blackgate but hasn't before. He is however the Voice of Ezio and recent voice of Sonic, so he's got some skills.

The combat in the game is supposed to be excellent and detective mode is more in-depth. There's still hope.

Keep the faith. Like these people.

tumblr_movb8vcZlV1qzihrro1_500.jpg

I do love me some Ezio... who am I kidding? I'm going to buy it and play it, I'm just not looking forward to it as much as I did with Arkham City.

I hate change!

Edited by Ginko

Â