Final Home Game - Stan Petrov

hogso

41,000 tickets sold already for this game, first sell out for season i expect.

Liverpool?

For Villa fans, not Liverpool fans sitting amongst us.

haha legend

Here it is;

Stan Petrov will lead the team out for their traditional lap of appreciation at the end of the Chelsea game.

It's a regular occurrence for the players to walk around the Villa Park pitch when the final whistle blows on the home campaign.

It will happen once again on Saturday but with Petrov at the front of the queue.

It will give Petrov a chance to thank fans for their remarkable levels of support since his diagnosis with leukaemia and supporters the opportunity to pay tribute their club captain.

Fans have clapped heartily on the 19th minute of every game since news of his illness came out.

And this, says Petrov, has been a major source of inspiration as he's fought a courageous battle.

Petrov said: "I want to thank the fans of Aston Villa, the fans of Celtic, the Bulgarian fans and fans of football all over the world who have helped me through the past year with their incredible displays of support and with their personal, moving messages.

"Also I would like to thank all of the managers I have worked under and all of the team-mates I have played alongside. I loved playing football with all of you and you will always remain in my heart.

"I am moving on and I am excited by this.

"There is a deep joy in my heart because of what you have shared with me, not only in this past year but over the years I have been in football. I felt privileged. I still do. I always will."

OS

Going to be emotional

I know this question has been asked (probably many times) before but it's never really occurred to me to take a camera to the game before. As Stan is going to be doing a lap, I'd like to get some shots. Question is, do I bring my big rig with 300m zoom or will I get busted for bringing it? I'm at the back of the Trinity so a smaller camera probably isn't going to cut it. Any suggestions, chaps?

I know this question has been asked (probably many times) before but it's never really occurred to me to take a camera to the game before. As Stan is going to be doing a lap, I'd like to get some shots. Question is, do I bring my big rig with 300m zoom or will I get busted for bringing it? I'm at the back of the Trinity so a smaller camera probably isn't going to cut it. Any suggestions, chaps?

The T&Cs of your ticket state quite specifically that you are not allowed to capture pictures, audio or video of the game. Any pictures taken while the ground is hosting an FAPL event are copyright of the FAPL. You do not have copyright in those images and cannot do what you like with them.

However, the law concerned here is civil, not criminal and your liability if found guilty would be restricted to the loss incurred by the copyright holder. It's pretty unlikely it would go to court.

The club will have agreed to make at least a token gesture towards this and may not let you in with a big camera with a zoom lens unless you have a press pass (issued by the club on behalf of the FAPL). I'd suggest the best thing to do is phone the club and ask. You'll probably need to speak to the press office. If possible, get permission in writing or by email so you can show it to the steward who won't have been briefed..

Or use your camera phone like everyone else will :)

Thanks Simon. I did check the T's and C's on the website but I doesn't say much about cameras which I thought odd. It says you cannot bring any device into the ground which can record or transmit audio and audio-visual but I've seen so many people with cameras, I wondered how vigorously it was enforced. Think I'll just smuggle a compact camera up my aris and be done with that :)

I had a camera in my bag at the Fulham game. Wasn't planning on taking photos, but it was still in there. Most of the time if you have a bag, they will ask to check the bag. The person checked my bag, saw the camera and said nothing. So i take it they're very lenient.

Â