Final Home Game - Stan Petrov

hogso

I recall from the very start of the season talk of Petrov potentially making an appearance in the last home game of the season - all talk on here mind, nothing at all from the club. I'm 99% certain he won't be turning out for the team, but could he make an appearance on the pitch in some other capacity, do you think?

It would be nice to see him. If he has made a decision regarding his future, a final appearance in front of a big VP crowd would be fantastic - but I'm aware that it wouldn't have to be the final game of this season to do that. That could come at any time, really.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

would love it to be this season, potentially during half time right before the players come out to get the whole crowd bouncing and make the atmosphere incredible ready to push the villa players for one final 45 minutes

I'd like to think he'll be there and the club would do something to recognise him. An on the pitch appearance at half time or before the game would be most likely I would think.

No chance he'd actually "play" (by play I mean step onto the field during the game)

It would be incredible, but I don't think there's any chance of it happening.

Against Chelsea, there should be a gentleman's agreement between both teams,  that on the 19th minute the game should just stop for 1 minute. Petrov then walks onto the pitch, waves to everyone, the whole crowd is clapping. Then he walk off.

I would think Wigan would be the last game, no?

Well, yeah, but not the last home game. As you mentioned it though, there is a lad on twitter who is trying to make the wigan game 'Petrov Day', in a similar vein to previous final games for mellberg and cuellar. Bulgarian flags, petrov flags, etc

LOL so awful that they go to Old Trafford and win.

Not going to be easy but they must try to pay them back a little by getting something from this game.

Stan's last home game really could make the 19th minute special and fire up the crowd and player's (just hope it's ours)

I think an 89th minute sub appearance would be fantastic...

Problem is we still have a lot to play for. If he comes on on 89 minutes and we concede a stoppage time equalizer it's going to look a rather stupid idea.

Problem is we still have a lot to play for. If he comes on on 89 minutes and we concede a stoppage time equalizer it's going to look a rather stupid idea.

We best be two up then :D

And could score the winner, making it a rather ingenious idea...

Â