• Delph
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • N'Zogbia
    • Benteke
    • Sylla (for N'Zogbia 68)
    • Holman (for Bowery 69)
    • Bent (for Weimann 76)

I think today illustrates the level of our team. I'd say we are pretty much on a par with fulham. It was very close at craven cottage earlier in the season, bar a Lichaj blunder that would have ended all square. Today the teams looked quite evenly matched.

Did anyone else see the group of lads all in green wigs in the North Lower ? Must have been 15 of them with a long banner , couldnt make out what it said ??

Think it was about someone getting married? Could be wrong though. 

It was a stag do and they were all dressed as clowns hence the banner.

I said it was implied. I wasn't putting words into anyone's mouths.

Nope, no implication either within my post pointing to Pearce's opinion being more valid than tens of thousands of people.

Why even mention him then?

I said it was implied. I wasn't putting words into anyone's mouths.

Nope, no implication either within my post pointing to Pearce's opinion being more valid than tens of thousands of people.

Why even mention him then?

We've both been warned before about driving points in circles and since the answer to your last question is self explanatory i'm going to leave it.

It's not self-explanatory. You said there was no implication that Pearce's opinion is worth more but then why did you direct PieFace to his summation when he he disagreed with you on Berbatov?

Berbatov ran the show today, what a quality player, can't be doubting that fact. How many people in this debate actually went to the game today??

I was at the game and for me he did not. All he demonstrated to me was how lazy and wasteful he really is. No wonder SAF rarely started him and then got shot.

For me this game just summed us up, Dominated for 50 minutes and scored one goal when we should have had three. Gave away a sloppy unnecessary goal and then chased the game to get more / something out of it (unsuccessfully). Our decent chances to actual goals scored must be one of the worst in the league.

Overall I'm very pleased with the way the side is developing and if we stay up I don't worry about next year at all. Our problem starts and finishes with the goals or lack of them we score. Defence is OK now, we still concede silly goals but that does not matter if you score more.

MotM for me was Baker, he is turning into a classy act. Special mention for Bennett, looks better every game. Lets just hope those pathetic boo boys lay off him. Oh and my other half thinks he is quite fit (????????) having been to the game today.

Edited by Harry

Special mention for Bennett ??

Our defence is Ok ?

What the **** are you smoking

What did Bennett do wrong today? Don't let your bias show.

And yes, the defence is coming together now.

Thought the defence was ok today, shame it took a mistake from a midfielder to breach them, but then again, maybe he didn't get a call, seeing as Bakes was right behind him.

My dad told me you and Josh had gotten into it again! Come to Naaaarwich with me and Adrian!

Really frustrating today.

Norwich and Sunderland will be brutal, tight games. In comparison this was easy because they were not arsed at all.

Baker, Zog, Weimann good for me.

Bennett and Bowery poor.

Bennett makes the wrong decision so often, embarrassing defending. Jumping in the air AND turning his back, makes me sick.

Bowery is an indicator of where we're at as a club sadly. Tries but way way short of a decent level of ability. Playing as a winger all he did was pass it back to Lowton or Vlaar, have a bit more confidence lad!

I'm sorry but Bennett is woeful for 95% of the time - he is a championship player at best.  Switches off. Forgets to mark. Forgets to push forward or to run into space. Jumped with his back towards and attacker today schoolboy defending. Whilst I applaud  Lambert's buys in Westwood and Lowton I think he's bought us a ringer in Bennett.

I'm sorry but Bennett is woeful for 95% of the time - he is a championship player at best.  Switches off. Forgets to mark. Forgets to push forward or to run into space. Jumped with his back towards and attacker today schoolboy defending. Whilst I applaud  Lambert's buys in Westwood and Lowton I think he's bought us a ringer in Bennett.

Once  :blink: .

It's really easy to focus on the negatives. 

If you've been at Villa Park often  this season you cannot say that Bennett is or has demonstrated the potential to be a a quality left back so far.

Baker and N'Zogbia were the big postives today.  Baker should be ahead of Clark in the CB position  in my book any day.

Edited by gwentvillan

If you've been at Villa Park often  this season you cannot say that Bennett is or has demonstrated the potential to be a a quality left back so far.

Baker and N'Zogbia were the big postives today.  Baker should be ahead of Clark in the CB position  in my book any day.

I'm a ST holder. Yes, he started poorly, tell me where I've said he's been a 'quality left back'. He has massively improved recently and long may it continue. If we're using the 'been at games' as a barometre as well, then yes, I was at Stoke and apart from falling asleep for their goal, he was very good.

I'm a ST holder. Yes, he started poorly, tell me where I've said he's been a 'quality left back'. He has massively improved recently and long may it continue. If we're using the 'been at games' as a barometre as well, then yes, I was at Stoke and apart from falling asleep for their goal, he was very good.

he's done stupid stuff like this all season

If you've been at Villa Park often this season you cannot say that Bennett is or has demonstrated the potential to be a a quality left back so far. Baker and N'Zogbia were the big postives today. Baker should be ahead of Clark in the CB position in my book any day.
I'm a ST holder. Yes, he started poorly, tell me where I've said he's been a 'quality left back'. He has massively improved recently and long may it continue. If we're using the 'been at games' as a barometre as well, then yes, I was at Stoke and apart from falling asleep for their goal, he was very good. he's done stupid stuff like this all season
Again, I agree. But recently he's massively improved. We're not talking about all season here are we? We're talking about today. If you use 'all season' as an example for why he played badly today, then surely you don't have much of an argument. He was great going forward today and numerous times, extremely solid defensively. Apart from his mistake last week, he was very good. People have had an agenda about him, because, as I've admitted, he hasn't been great as a whole. But he wasn't the problem today. Definitely not worth the vitriol he gets on here. Edited by StefanAVFC

He was poor today, certainly not great going forwards at all. He's been much much worse though, so yes, he's improved from the abysmal level he's been flitting around.

The other players were getting annoyed at him losing the ball and he creates uncertainty with others not knowing how to move for him in case he lays it to where they just were, as he did a few times with Delph and Weimann today.

The defence was good first half, second half berbatov kept bending balls in behind to there runner (think it was petric) and we were a yard behind it.

Bennett made a few mistakes, he jumped to block a cross and got mugged off by a fulham player just cutting inside whilst he was still mid air twice. He never learns from his mistakes.

2 points dropped.

Edited by Jimzk5

Â